NGD Agile Chiral Parallax 8

• Thread starter Rei
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rei

BrutalChefMetal
Reaction score
I've had it for about a month now, just testing the waters initially as this is my first 8, Agile, Multiscale, AND first headless. I jumped right on in after well over a decade of playing sevens and downtuned and baritone sixes. Its actually treating me quite well and the Cepheus passive 9 pups are surprisingly good sounding. Oh, and I swapped out the pickup selector switch(brushed nickel) and volume and tone knobs(anodized/burnt chrome magnum speedloaders). Very versatile instrument. A Larada or Aristides is next! Untitled.jpg 20211115_173841.jpg 20211115_173915.jpg Untitled.jpg :shred:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Cepheusii(?) are allegedly just Lungren M series clones, HNGD

Reactions: Rei

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the 7-string Chiral Nirvana EB MOD version and swapping the Moderns for Abasi Fluences.

Did you have any super obvious QC flaws with yours? How's the fretwork? ArnoldPlaysGuitar's review of the similar model seemed to have a few more QC issues than I would have expected considering my past experiences with Agiles. People in the YT comments seemed to think his was worse than most.

Rei

BrutalChefMetal
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the 7-string Chiral Nirvana EB MOD version and swapping the Moderns for Abasi Fluences.

Did you have any super obvious QC flaws with yours? How's the fretwork? ArnoldPlaysGuitar's review of the similar model seemed to have a few more QC issues than I would have expected considering my past experiences with Agiles. People in the YT comments seemed to think his was worse than most.

Yeah, I'd say Arnold's was worse than most although the some of the higher frets are not PERFECTLY rounded, it's barely noticeable. A guy I used to jam with for a long time had been ordering guitars from them since 2010, so I've personally witnessed the QC go from crap to awesome. Nothing else as far as issues with axe, it's been treating me well.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I have the chiral nirvana and am very pleased with it. One of the side dots is a touch larger than the others which is weird but otherwise its a really solid guitar.

Reaction score
Last year I bought the same one you did. Overall I love it, but it came with all sorts of QC issues. Dust all over the place in the finish. Uneven coats of finish. The output jack was barely soldered on. Found this out when the sound stopped. Opened it up and there was just a blob of solder and a detached wire with barely any solder on it. No foam under the pickups. The frets up to 3 between the 6th to 3rd strings all buzzed like crazy. Several uneven frets up higher. The 12th fret was not seated all the way. Sharp fret ends. Unfortunately I ordered it while deployed so it was already at home past the return period. I was able to fix everything that affected the playability, but was pretty disappointed since the last Agile I bought was B stock and I couldn't find a single thing wrong with it. It might just be hit or miss as far as QC.

Xfing

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting this but with 9 or more strings, but the fact that they don't alter the scale length a single bit while going over 8 strings worries me a lot.

')