NGD - Agile Intrepid Pro 828 - Lefty

Riffmagus

Reaction score
**NOW UPDATED WITH PICS FURTHER DOWN!**

Well, it arrived yesterday. I couldn't wait for Fedex to deliver it in Monday, so when I saw it was in my local depot on Saturday I took a ride and picked it up.

Unfortunately, work commitments meant I was not able to plug it in until today..

Intitial Impressions -

Finish -

After unpacking - wow! Arrived in perfect condition - the satin finish on the Bloodburst is awesome - if a slight fingerprint magnet. No dints, dings or blemishes that I can see or feel. It really does look like a high class instrument for a great price.

Action -

Too low for my tastes, the Low F# was buzzing like crazy - So I adjusted the action to taste. As mentioned on here, the low F# and B do not ship with the correct gauge strings. I carefully unwound the F and tried slotting a 0.72 in - but it does not go through the tuning peg. So I need to get this drilled out to fit. I put the original string back on to give it a whirl...

Sound -

Cepheus Pickups are impressive. Nice tight characteristics even with flubby stock strings. Good amount of clarity. I can see the 8 is going to make me learn to play differently; I can't get the pinch harmonics happening as easily as I would like. This could be down to the extended scale or indeed the pickup placement - I cannot make them ring out or 'squeal' as much as I do on a 6 - but feel this will make me work more on my groove and melody on the 8 which is great instead of just Zakking Off.
Did notice a fair bit of unwanted string noise with high-gain when playing the low 8 - so need to find the best hand position to minimise this.

Clean sounds and natural harmonics are literally bell like and chords have extra oomph - typical Andy Summers progressions with chorus and reverb sound particularly lush.

Sorry if this is a little short, but I'm horribly hungover. Going to pay for a pro setup and get the tuning peg drilled out for the low F and then get stuck in some more. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Agile and would not hesitate in recommending them to anyone.

Will put up some pics ASAP.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
HNGD! :) LOVE to see some pictures of it! I tried out an Intrepid 828 Pro at Music Go Round this past Friday. It sure played, and sounded good!!

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Left handed guitar players scare me

Hah. Please tell me you were kidding.

Oh and happy NGD OP and fellow lefty (oh look I'm a poet...:lol:)! Ya need some pics!

....Alright, maybe us lefties are a little bit more uh.. strange... to say the least. :fawk: :shred: (<--anyone notice that this is actually a left handed smiley? haha)

Riffmagus

Reaction score
Please excuse the crappy quality of pics! And apologies for the lighting. If anyone really wants a few daylight pics I can sort some out on the Weekend.

I'm absolutely loving the Bloodburst - even though it's down to a 7 string until the Grover gets drilled out to fit the 0.72. Neck through gives AMAZING access to upper frets and tapping seems so much easier on the wider f/board. The body cutaways make it very comfy to play and rest picking hand on - seems completely natural. Emailed Kurt to say how freaking stoked I am with it!

Only issue is that no local shop carries any single strings bigger that 0.58 - barstewards. Stringsdirect it is then...

'Family Tree' Pic is attached with my Axe collection to boot. :hbang:

Attachments

• Blood 01.jpg
    Blood 01.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Agile Reverse .jpg
    Agile Reverse .jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Neck Thru.jpg
    Neck Thru.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Blood Top.jpg
    Blood Top.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Family Tree.jpg
    Family Tree.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 47

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Dude... All your gear is like backwards or something...

Joking, congrats man, every time I see someone gets one I can't wait until mine ships out in... 3 days!

matttttYCE

Reaction score
No, sir, it is, in fact, all YOUR gear which is backwards. It's really a lefty's world, we just take pity on your inferiors and allow you free reign to play in it.:fawk:

If it's so much of a lefty's world, why is it that the vast majority of guitars AREN"T LEFTY?!

In any case, your Intrepid looks amazing! I'm almost sad I didn't get a bloodburst but I still can't wait for my Pro Nat :lol: Mine is ready to ship and I'll be sending my payment tomorrow!!!

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
If it's so much of a lefty's world, why is it that the vast majority of guitars AREN"T LEFTY?!

In any case, your Intrepid looks amazing! I'm almost sad I didn't get a bloodburst but I still can't wait for my Pro Nat :lol: Mine is ready to ship and I'll be sending my payment tomorrow!!!

Sigh... Did you read my whole post???

"we just take pity on your inferiors and allow you free reign to play in it.":wavey:

When you're confident in your superiority, you don't have to worry about allowing those who are inferior the chance to feel they have the upper hand.:hbang:

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Sigh... Did you read my whole post???

"we just take pity on your inferiors and allow you free reign to play in it.":wavey:

When you're confident in your superiority, you don't have to worry about allowing those who are inferior the chance to feel they have the upper hand.:hbang:

Oh, I read it. I just want some more affordable, non-custom options for guitars!

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Oh, I read it. I just want some more affordable, non-custom options for guitars!

Yeah, I am with you on that. But at least we have the knowledge that we're better than all right handed people.

(I'm assuming no one's going to get all pissy about me joking about this... yeah.... totally joking... uh huh)

matttttYCE

Reaction score
Yeah, I am with you on that. But at least we have the knowledge that we're better than all right handed people.

(I'm assuming no one's going to get all pissy about me joking about this... yeah.... totally joking... uh huh)

Sure you were joking ;);)

')