NGD Agile Pendulum 7

• Thread starter AntiTankDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AntiTankDog

Reaction score
>>>hows the shape of the neck? D? C? thick? flat? etc....

More of a D shape, thinner than my Schecter, which I appreciate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AntiTankDog

Reaction score
I'm liking the Agile more & more. I got the Blackout in yesterday. To my semi-hammered ears, they sound about the same. But I have a midterm today, so I haven't played it extensively, no clean sounds at all. So I can't truly say I don't hear a difference yet.

I'm so grateful that EMG and Duncan make the pickups the same size AND use the same quick connector. I don't know if it was cooperation, or if one copied the other, but it sure made my life easy.

Once I got the new pickup in. I put on my normal set of strings. I adjusted the neck and string height. The neck is nice & straight, action low. I love the one knob <never use the tone knob>. The only time I'll use a tone knob is if it's active EQ, like an EMG SPC, EXG, or RPC.

So yeah, no regrets here, very glad I bought it. I'll probably put my Hellraiser up for sale, can't see myself playing it very much now.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
>>>hows the shape of the neck? D? C? thick? flat? etc....

More of a D shape, thinner than my Schecter, which I appreciate.

that's interesting i was expecting the neck thickness to be a lot thinner, unless you meant really thinner (Ibby thin)

so you are sold on fanned axed? roll on the 8 string? :hbang:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Talk about a diamond in the rough...either that or Agile have really stepped their game up. Not a fan of multiscales but that does look fantastic. Congratulations.

AntiTankDog

Reaction score
Is it thinner than an ibby?

I've never played an ibby 7 ( gasp!!!)

I'm sold on Agile fanned, anxiously awaiting the 8!

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
I'm crying because of how sexy that is.

AntiTankDog

Reaction score

Well, I think I touched a Universe once...

I'm not really interested in 25.5" scale bolt-on 7 strings, otherwise I'd probably own a Universe, or a JP7.

>>>either that or Agile have really stepped their game up.

I think they have. My first agile was an Intrepid 828, around 1.5 years ago. The quality on that was okay. The fit & finish on the new one is waaay better.

Hallic

Got T.I.N.G?
Reaction score
the 27" to 25,5" fret difference doesn't seem that absurd. I mean it looks confortable to bar the last 2 or 3 strings. I myself thinking about a 7s fanned fretted in simulair dimensions( maybe 27" to 26"):yesway:

DuFF

7-string noob...
Reaction score
Nice piece man! The craftmanship looks super!
I've been wanting an Agile for a long time, but Kurt wont ship to Brazil... ¬¬'

AntiTankDog

Reaction score
>>>Kurt wont ship to Brazil

Road Trip!!!

>>>the 27" to 25,5" fret difference doesn't seem that absurd. I mean it looks confortable to bar the last 2 or 3 strings.

Truth be told, it's barely noticeable. I was doing a little Ebow+slide, and you do have to pay attention with a slide. Normal playing though, no big deal. It seems to make playing at the extreme ends a little easier.

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
Nice piece man! The craftmanship looks super!
I've been wanting an Agile for a long time, but Kurt wont ship to Brazil... ¬¬'

you could always arrange for someone to recieve the instrument in a region he will ship then forward it to you :agreed:

Oh...to the OP...sick guitar. I too will be holding out for the 8 though. The custom build I was planning is waiting for the release of that instrument. Figure if I cant get on with the Agile, I have no business throwing serious coin at a high end custom.

kslight

Reaction score
Excuse me if this has been answered before...but does anyone know if Kurt has any intentions on making a longer scale fan? I'd really like one of this in a 30"-28.75" or however it'd work out...

')