NGD- An axe from outer space! (Ibanez Xiphos content)

• Thread starter TKOA-Dex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TKOA-Dex

Master of Thall
Reaction score
Hey guys! I traded my Jackson 8 string recently with my guitar teacher in exchange for this beauty! It's an Ibanez XPT707FX and it absolutely shreds! I absolutely love the finish (is it galaxy black? That's what I assume it is because it well... Looks like a galaxy) and the reverse headstock is sick as well. The inlays look amazing and it plays better than anything I've owned! The only thing I don't like is the D-activator in the neck only. The bridge sounds awesome but for soloing the neck is a tad muddy for me. Oh well though. It's still an amazing guitar!

Just wanted to share it with the forums! The owner had drilled a lot of holes in the back for different strap button positions, which is fine with me. As well there are two tiny screws below the bridge where he had a pendant thing mounted. I don't mind it but I have painted them a matching grey to hide them a bit.

nlzi9g.jpg

sytfsy.jpg

141nj8x.jpg

v8lbmo.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor

Formerly... someone
Reaction score
I have a Xiphos as well. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine! HNG!!!

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Man, I really wish these would still readily available in Australia.
They are SO badass!

7JxN7

Reaction score
HNGD man! I have the same model myself and love it! Incase you are wondering about it later, a lot of guys (me included) move the strap buttons from the original position to having the front button on the bottom side of the upper horn, and the back button mounted just above the input jack (which it looks like that hole has been drilled), just a tip anyway.

These are one of my fav Ibanez 7 string necks, and IMHO the best Indo made Ibanez you can get. Even my guitar tech who isn't really a 7 player was really impressed with the whole design, build and quality on mine. I had the Dimarzios swapped out for a set of Dominger Raw 7's with a coil tap, and now it plays and sounds incredible. I'm more likely to part with one of my MIJ Ibby's before I let my Xiphos go now. It's a pity about the extra holes in yours, but you still got an awesome guitar there man, enjoy it!

Reaction score
Nice score

On the D-Activator Neck, use those poles screws to adjust to your likes, make them come out a little and back the pickup into the guitar body so it won't be so hot. This pickup in serial wiring or in coil splitting sounds pretty nice too. Try this first before just changing it.

rikomaru

Reaction score
Oooooooohhhhhh you should upgrade to a Hipshot diggitydoo and ship that G Custom to me! XD

longfalcon

Reaction score
welcome to the club!

It is true that the neck is really amazing. i also have an RG7620 and i hate to admit that the XPT has the better neck. I almost pulled the d-activators too, i still have the crunch lab and liquifire that i was gonna put in ... but i was so impressed by the sound of the d-activators i never did the swap.

BTW what is up with the 9v battery cavity? mine never had that.

TKOA-Dex

Master of Thall
Reaction score
welcome to the club!

It is true that the neck is really amazing. i also have an RG7620 and i hate to admit that the XPT has the better neck. I almost pulled the d-activators too, i still have the crunch lab and liquifire that i was gonna put in ... but i was so impressed by the sound of the d-activators i never did the swap.

BTW what is up with the 9v battery cavity? mine never had that.

I don't fully know. The previous owner said something about it being routed for EMGs as well so I am assuming its that. More options later on though I guess if I want to swap the pups.

Though Like you said, I do like the D-activators though.

Perhaps I will adjust the poles like TMO suggested.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
HNGD man! :hbang: always loved that body shape/style guitar since they came out in 07/08

Shredenvain

Reaction score
I loved My Xiphos 7 Chameleon finish. I had to give it up when I lost my leg (no income while waiting for SSD). I absolutely loved the neck thru design. I swear to this day that it is the absolute thinest Ibby 7 neck
I have ever played even though it is supposedly a standard Wizard 2. The Gibraltar bridge on it felt great when palm muting though it was hard to keep up with all it's tiny screws. Loved the stock Dimarzio D activators in it. I like many others had the strap pegs moved only I added 2 extra in different places and left the originals in place. Mine was a B stock model because the tip of one of the horns was missing paint. I got it for $395 and filled in the spot with a green metalic sharpie. Sorry to go on but I truly miss my Xiphos.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm still kinda sad that Ibanez turfed these, I guess no one was buying them. I'm a superstrat kinda guy, there aren't many "pointy metal guitars" which appeal to me. But the Xiphos did. It was so perfectly balanced from a visual perspective, it was great. Better than an Explorer or Kelly or Stealth or Marilyn.

Thorerges

Reaction score
Yea Suicmez was the reason i ever wanted to get one of these in the first place.

DrBloodyJack

Total guitar geek
Reaction score
High five, bro! I own the same, unbeveled one, and I'm loving it! Absolute beast!
I bought it loaded with Blackouts, but know I'm waiting a postage from Axe Palace with some chrome covered Ionizers, mmm...
Very effective looking on stage, here are some pro-shots of me with her:
KqtQ0L2par0.jpg

BQZm2IfwZL0.jpg

PKozJLiqCPM.jpg

KA_Sqg15_7s.jpg

Latest posts

')