NGD and demo of NK Headless 7 with Holighaus pickups upgrade

• Thread starter nonoxxx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nonoxxx

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a used nk headless for really cheap, I upgraded the pickups for a pair of Holighaus pickups a german boutique pickups manufacturer.
The guitar play great, low action, awesome fretwork on stainless steel frets. nice woods ... Looks like a boutique guitar.

The pickups are the HDS Slanted bridge and neck .(-14 degrees for the slant).

The bridge is mount with 1 ceramic bar instead of the 3 magnets originally mount on the HDS. It gave a less compressed sound , more open than the 3x ceramics , it make me think of a lundgren m7.

The neck pickup is fantastic for soloing and clean stuffs , I will do some vids of it in the future.

The NK with these pickups match really well with my Prs mt15.

Here is a vid I made : Amp is my Prs Mt15 boosted with a Tc Electronic Preamp clone plugged in a torpedo live with an Engl IR

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! Cool video and review. Great finish, too.

Gotta love wellrounded edges on fret ends. One of UV7BKs I bought off Rich 18 years ago had that special treatment and still plays phenomenal to this day.

nonoxxx

Reaction score
Thank you ,
Yes chinese factories are improving a lot , I got in the past an NK 6 strings, cool guitar also , but some flaws in the finish , this 7 strings is near perfect.