NGD: Another MusicMan JPXI 7 - hd picz 'n vid inside!

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Hi friends, let's start this NGD with a video I've just made, hope you like it!

Of course, some nice pics wouldn't hurt too :cool:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Some words on the guitar: unlike some others, I've received a model that doesn't have any flaws or QC issues, so all I can say is that this is the perfect evolution of the JP model, and has all the specs I could desire in a dream guitar.

Having recently owned a JP7 BFR (sold it just to buy this one) I can honestly say that it was absolutely worth it. At first the flatter 20" radius is a bit awkward but after a minute it's a dream to play.
The neck is definitely thinner, but I don't feel that much of a difference from the previous one. Ebony fretboard, SS frets and a more stable bridge (even the trem cavity is tighter) all contribute to an overall better instrument.
And the finish, oh the finish :) It's so hard to capture it on photo, so cool in person!

I should mention that the guitar arrived not only in tune, but with an exceptional low action and perfect intonation, which is more than rare these days. Now excuse me, I need some more shred :shred::shred::shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Beautiful. Great pictures and sick ass sweep tapping. \m/ \m/ Reminds me how unworthy I am of my JP7s :p

apiss

Reaction score
Congrats, man!

I don't know when I would actually could afford one. One day..one day.

tjrlogan

Reaction score
Congrats dude! Great guitars, you're making me even more impatient. My replacement from EBMM is arriving next week. Can't wait.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Glad to see a perfect specimen hit the forum! Happy NGD!

And tjr, let us know how your replacement is when it gets there, yea? :D

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
Ahhh nice man, glad customs finally decided to let you play your own guitar. Congrats, also sick playing man! :hbang:

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Awesome playing as usual, and beautiful guitar! When I played the JPX-I, was blown away. EBMM definitely found a way to improve a winning formula, thus bringing the closest to "perfect" JP rendition ever.

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
Ahhh nice man, glad customs finally decided to let you play your own guitar. Congrats, also sick playing man! :hbang:

Damn, these lazy customs handled it "for further inspections" for nearly a month! Receiving it was a relief man :)

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
Congrats dude! Great guitars, you're making me even more impatient. My replacement from EBMM is arriving next week. Can't wait.

Did you have one of the "faulty" ones? Looking forward your replacement too ;)

gregmarx7

Reaction score
I don't know whether to be more jealous of your playing, or of your new guitar! haha

Congrats!

')