NGD - another swirled 7620

• Thread starter sage
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I liked my first 7620 so much, when skeels put this baby up for sale, I jumped on it right away. The shattered clearcoat was well described and it arrived pretty much as advertised. I'm not sure if I'm gonna just leave it alone, attempt to re-clear it, or strip it down and go with another finish entirely. But, yeah. It arrived super well packed: guitar packed in foam wrapper in a gig bag padded in about 7 pounds of cellophane wrap in a box in a box. So, wahoo skeels. Anyone wanting to buy something off of him, go right ahead. It'll survive a missile strike.

On to the pix!

7620skeel3.jpg

7620skeel2.jpg

7620skeel1.jpg

As you can see, skeels did outstanding work on the swirl. It looks legit. Especially with the headstock. Actually, if I do strip this thing down, I think I'm gonna get the headstock on this candied in a pale green so it kind of matches my other swirled guitar and use the unswirled neck on whatever this turns into. It could use a good setup, but other than that the neck seems straight, frets are in pretty good condition and I am a happy camper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Nice swirl! extra points for the matching headstock :yesway:
:metal:

Norstorm

Reaction score
Holy shit! That one actually looks like marble stone.. You wouldn't think that was wood.
Very nice, and I aggree.. +1 for the matching headstock

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
cool, those pics prove that it doesnt have to be lime, pink & purple to be a nice swirl job...

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Don't you dare take that swirl off :lol:

I'll swap you my 7620 that you can refinish, as my refinish job was pretty bodgy anyways :rofl:

Ps. God damn that looks sweet, HNGD! :D

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
Well, I attempted to patch the clearcoat and it ended up killing the swirl. I guess these things are super delicate. It's currently 1/2 stripped. I'll post pics when it's done...

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I didn't have high hopes that it would survive. The clearcoat was pretty badly messed up. It'll be a fun project and, shortly, I'll have two awesome 7620s.

piggins411

Reaction score
That's really badass. I don't want to derail the thread, but where do you guys get this done/how much does it cost?

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
That is killer looking. I LOVE that swirl and wouldn't change it.

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
FUCK YES.
Reminds me of the RG20051 i owned a few years back.

')