NGD: (another) used Prestige

• Thread starter Stiman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
1705757824186.png

Yeah, it's nothing crazy, just another Prestige AZ that's been around for a while. I also know that a lot of people here are tired of the roasted maple neck/fretboards but I love this guitar. Of the available colours with the HSS layout and the floating bridge, this is my favourite. Although this guitar is used, it came in mint condition. Previously, I had a Frender Am Pro that needed fret work, which either means $300 CAD for a PLEK job, or $1000 for a refret. I was considering a refret to SS. Ultimately, I sold that guitar a couple weeks ago instead and looked for an AZ. They come with SS frets out of the box, a better bridge, roasted maple (which I prefer). I was thinking about getting the new HSS Premium AZ that came out this year, but for the exact same amount of money, I found this Prestige. I think this is the better option.

Overall, I'm super super impressed with this guitar. The fretwork is perfect, I can get the action to where I like it with minimal fret buzz. The stock pickups sound amazing, I'm really impressed. They are definitely lower output compared to everything else I have, which is great cause it give me different options.

The other used Prestige I have is a 2017 RG752 which is an amazing guitar. I think the SSO meme of "get a used Prestige" exists for a good reason.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats!

They're great looking guitars and there's a lot I don't know about them like the SD's, no Prestige on the headstock, floating bridge... But the biggest one that's throwing me is where that cable is plugged in. That's not where the jack is right?

Stiman

Reaction score
Congrats!

They're great looking guitars and there's a lot I don't know about them like the SD's, no Prestige on the headstock, floating bridge... But the biggest one that's throwing me is where that cable is plugged in. That's not where the jack is right?

I thought that someone might bring that up. The cable is plugged into my small pedal board behind the guitar. I should of taken another picture lol

Edit:
Yeah, regarding the pickups, all my other guitars have DiMarzios in them. I love every DiMarzio I've owned/played. And I have never really like any SD pickups. But for some reason, these are really good.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
HNGD, looks great! 2024 may be the year I finally grab an AZ myself. Their necks are so comfortable, and I've really started to shy away from the super flat wizard neck now a days.

Stiman

Reaction score
HNGD, looks great! 2024 may be the year I finally grab an AZ myself. Their necks are so comfortable, and I've really started to shy away from the super flat wizard neck now a days.

Yeah, I love the AZ neck. It's pretty jarring if I pickup one of my RG550s right after playing the AZ. Going from 20.5mm to 17mm is a huge difference.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have been eyeballing AZ Prestige for quite a while, mainly because of Max Ostro. What puzzles me about those guitars is that when I compare prices with ESP(which is my kryptonite), the E-II's at Thomann prices atleast are between 50% and 80% more expensive. Is this just ESP going totally batshit crazy, or theese have always been very reasonable for Fujigen product?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I know it's not what this thread is about, but I'm totally stealing that idea of making a little hideaway for your foot switch (and pedals in my case). That's genius.

Stiman

Reaction score
I know it's not what this thread is about, but I'm totally stealing that idea of making a little hideaway for your foot switch (and pedals in my case). That's genius.

The plan is to stain it too so it looks like a finished piece of furniture. Will look much better. But yeah, I like being to store that stuff away when I'm not using it. Also, all the cables come in from a hole in the back so it doesn't look messy.

diogoguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have been eyeballing AZ Prestige for quite a while, mainly because of Max Ostro. What puzzles me about those guitars is that when I compare prices with ESP(which is my kryptonite), the E-II's at Thomann prices atleast are between 50% and 80% more expensive. Is this just ESP going totally batshit crazy, or theese have always been very reasonable for Fujigen product?
Yep 100%. ESP/E-II surfed the wave of crazy high demand and adjusted the prices to maximize profits. I don't blame them... but 50-80% higher prices doesn't mean (to me) 50-80% higher quality. I love ESP guitar and have owned multiple, but I'm not paying $2600 on an M-II MIJ brand new. I'll wait for prices to calm down (or just not buy from them at all).

When I was in Japan, the folks at Big Boss store said they are "highly motivated" to work with me if I really wanted the E-II I played in the store... so maybe check with them if they have the guitar you're targeting and could ship to you?

')