NGD: Aristides 070 (56k = I can't believe it's not blue!)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Here is my Aristides 070 7 string.
This is in their Dutch Orange color with the BKP Juggernaut set of course (with Chrome Covers to match the hardware)

This guitar is very interesting in that it is a one piece design and made with Arium, Glass Fiber and Carbon Fiber as opposed to wood. In fact the fretboard is the only part of the guitar that is wood, and in this case it is Ebony.
Arium is a man made material that they believe acts as a "super wood" of sorts.

I don't really know how all this is supposed to work with the tone, but I do know that this guitar sounds great! It is acoustically very loud, which I usually associate with chambered or semi-hollow guitars, but it has rather substantial weight, so it sits on your like a solid body guitar, and doesn't seem to have the feedback issues associated with those guitars.

With the Juggs installed, it is incredibly even across the fretboard, chords ring out superbly with every note intact. It's definitely a brighter guitar than most of my other 7s, but is not lacking in low mids, and it's not harsh either.
Despite the fact that on heavy tones it has a lot of attack, it's actually well rounded on clean and mid gain tones which I was not expecting. I have to say that since I got my Jackson Custom 7s I have become a fan of the 26.5 inch scale, so that is well appreciated on this guitar:

Anyways, onto pics:
x9wK7u5.jpg

PRUABDb.jpg

qYOYutO.jpg

kNwM1IM.jpg

DUcMiwB.jpg

jXUS2tn.jpg

PtqiIFH.jpg

DFu5wwy.jpg

And here are the specs:
Aristides 070 Black BKP Special Electric Guitar | Aristides
(the only differences being the Dutch Orange color, and my D'Addario 11-52 + 64 set for my Drop Ab tuning)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fortisursus

Reaction score
Wow this color is sweet. Dig the matte finish along with the chrome hardware.

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
Nice score, Misha!

Ive heard a lot about these, and they seem really awesome. Guess Im a little oldschool, because I am apprehensive about a guitar not being made of wood. There have been a quite a few guitars in the past trying to do what Aristides has done, but it came off as a novelty. But, consider my interest piqued. If you AND Fred Brum are giving them praise....

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Hey hey now, I am not really a fan of the "fatter" bodies, but this is actually pretty damn appealing to me.

I would prolly prefer black hardware on this particular instrument, but that is a very nice guitar! :hbang:

Stereordinary

Reaction score
Awesome! Man I love Aristides guitars. I saw a lot of guitars at NAMM in January and there were very few that impressed me. There was a lot of well-made guitars, but my personal demands are I like to see some originality in design, and there was not a lot of that. But the Aristides stuff was high-quality and uniquely designed.

On particular thing about their guitars is I really like the neck profiles. I am really picky about neck profiles, but Aristides passed the test.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Looks sick Misha!

Why the change of heart on blue? Looking to shake things up now with colors or can we expect to see more blues in the future? :)

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Holy mother of control cavities!

I usually am not attracted to orange guitars (or orange anything for that matter), but it suits this one really well. Very nice.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Man, it's gotta be cool to have epic guitars showing up relatively frequently!! I do like the orange, too. What's the story with the control cavity? That can't be just for the pots and the switch, right?

ihunda

Reaction score
Looks amazing and this is very interesting!

I have a few woodless guitars and carbon chapman sticks so I am kind of attracted by alternatives to wood, I didn't know that brand and this Arium material :agreed:

Thanks for sharing bro!

')