NGD - ARZ307

• Thread starter Count_Dissident
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Most likely Standard. Ibannez don't actually have too many guitars that are tuned to D, really. The Apex models and the RGDs are all a step down from standard, with the RG2228 (and possibly RGA8?) is tuned down to F from F#, and the MTMs in drop-B. But, the rest of them are in standard, AFAIK.
When I recieved my rga8 it was tuned (quite crapily.. one of the locking nuts fell off in-transit) to f# standard.

congratz on the NGD mang

rlott1

Reaction score
Suweeeeet!!!! Huge fan of LP guitars. Would love to see one in white

Reaction score
Looks like a solid axe! :D
I could easily see my self playing one sometime in the future. The neck/neckjoint looks comfy beyond this world!
What scale is it? hopefully it's a 25.5"?

Its a 25.00"
I wish they would make these with better pickups, and in some different colors. If i end up getting one... i may try to add a les paul type pick guard, idk if that would look cheesy or not though... thoughts?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm sure if it sells well (which it certainly seems to be if the number appearing here is any indication) they'll hopefully add new colours in the future.

bezza

Reaction score
hello, first post from the noob! i've just got one of these as well, and ordered an ar-c hardcase for it online but it's too short, what hardcase should i get for it, i don't want to just shove it in a soft bag, this baby deserves a hardshell!

DakoRob

Dakota Roberts - Caecus
Reaction score
Played one at my local music shop, seems great for guys that want a more beefy guitar in general, congrats bro!

Bigthecat

Reaction score
I've been offered one of these for £360, with a Crunch Lab in the bridge. Think I should take it?

Reaction score
I've been offered one of these for £360, with a Crunch Lab in the bridge. Think I should take it?

yeah

People have been trying to buy mine from Europe and I just don't want to sell it that bad.

If you don't like it I am sure you could sell it for the same price.

OfArtAndArsenal

Reaction score
Its 25" actually, which is a shiny 1/4" longer than the 6-string Artist models. This is actually a point of contention that I have with this guitar. Ibanez made this one a 1/2" shorter than every other 7 string and most 6 strings I've ever played. But they advertise it as a downtuned monster with the cat from The Devil Wears Prada tuning it to drop-B. Um. Last I checked, you had to tune a 7 string UP to get drop-B. So I don't know what angle Ibby is pushing here...
That being said, let me go on record with "DO WANT!"
I think its an absolutely gorgeous guitar, and the one at my local shop feels nice, though I would probably tune it to drop-C with a high G on top...

Latest posts

')