NGD - ARZ307

• Thread starter Count_Dissident
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
lovely axe! im glad someone already bought one of these! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
What's the factory tuning on this? I assume standard (the Ibanez website does not say otherwise) but from the guitars I have played Ibanez seems to have an affinity for D-tuned guitars.

Most likely Standard. Ibannez don't actually have too many guitars that are tuned to D, really. The Apex models and the RGDs are all a step down from standard, with the RG2228 (and possibly RGA8?) is tuned down to F from F#, and the MTMs in drop-B. But, the rest of them are in standard, AFAIK.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Looks great. I can foresee plenty of people doing some serious modding on these things. Happy NGD.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a solid axe! :D
I could easily see my self playing one sometime in the future. The neck/neckjoint looks comfy beyond this world!
What scale is it? hopefully it's a 25.5"?

haffner1

Reaction score
Looks like a solid axe! :D
I could easily see my self playing one sometime in the future. The neck/neckjoint looks comfy beyond this world!
What scale is it? hopefully it's a 25.5"?

It's 25 not 25.5. That's the main reason I got it.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice - an Ibanez with a fully blank fretboard & mahogany everything :yesway:

Kawrn

Reaction score
2) The guitar is pretty light,not as heavy as other 7's I have played.

Light with mahogany seem strange to me.

Is it Made In Indonesia as the RGA7 with its low quality wood ?

What other models did you compared ?

Nice ringing unplugged or more like a weak fart ?

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
WOWThank you for this post man!
Those things turned out great, woulda preferred it without pick up rings but I'll live!
HAPPY NGD!

Count_Dissident

Reaction score

OK, I have to kinda retract my original statement that it is "pretty light." I weighed myself and then me with the guitar and it comes in at about 8lb's. I know that isn't the most scientific way to do it,but it's the best way that I have.

I think there are a few factors that made me originally think that it was kinda light:
1) I think I might be stronger because of all of the 12 ounce curls I have been doing lately. Gotta keep the body fit,ya know!!
2) The body is a bit smaller than I am use to,so I think that might have been tricking me a bit.
3) I think I might have expected the mahogany to be really heavy(I have never owned a mahogany guitar)

It rings out fairly well unplugged. It's not booming or anything but I certainly wouldnt call it a "weak fart"

Count_Dissident

Reaction score
Dual PAF 7 that thing stat!

Congrats, would love one of these myself. :yum:

I was thinking of putting a PAF 7 in the neck but I'm not sure about the bridge. I am looking for something with a solid all around metal tone that can handle djent-style riffs,but also sound full and warm for chords on the higher strings. It also needs to have a nice smooth lead tone but that also cuts through. I'm also not a fan of tones that are too "bitey" and harsh.

Here is what I am looking at right now:

Bridge:
1) Evolution
2) JB (I have read they are great in mohagany)
3) D-Activator
4) X2N (might be a bit over the top??)

Neck:
1) PAF 7
2) Air Norton
3) D-Activator (neck)

Any suggestions on a combo I should consider? I am also open to suggestions not listed as well. Thanks!!

sevenchaos

Reaction score
Thats cool man!
I think that i'll have to order that from somewhere outside EU since it only available to japan and states. DAMN

I started playing with lespaul's but when i changed to 7's there weren't any LP's.
Now there is!

snowblind56

Reaction score
Cool guitar, but am I the only one who thinks the headstock looks a little wonky with the top of it not being bound, but the sides are?

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I want one; it would be the perfect Drop-C guitar for me. How big are the frets?

Light mahogany=/=low quality wood. My COW7 feels pretty damn light and it's all mahogany. The nicest Gibsons I've played were also relatively light compared to the rest of the ones on the rack.

Kawrn

Reaction score
It's all relative, when I say light I'm thinking of lower than 7lbs.
I like some weight ; had a RGA7 too light for me and weak unplugged tone whereas an MTM2 was great and they are both Indonesian made with said "mahogany".
About Gibsons LP range is 8-10lbs from.

8lbs seems ok for me :metal: I wouldn't call it light. Thanks for the input.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a PAF 7 in the neck but I'm not sure about the bridge. I am looking for something with a solid all around metal tone that can handle djent-style riffs,but also sound full and warm for chords on the higher strings. It also needs to have a nice smooth lead tone but that also cuts through. I'm also not a fan of tones that are too "bitey" and harsh.

Here is what I am looking at right now:

Bridge:
1) Evolution
2) JB (I have read they are great in mohagany)
3) D-Activator
4) X2N (might be a bit over the top??)

Neck:
1) PAF 7
2) Air Norton
3) D-Activator (neck)

Any suggestions on a combo I should consider? I am also open to suggestions not listed as well. Thanks!!

Personally, what I was planning for when I purchased this was to get a JB for the bridge and an Air Norton for the neck. Alternatives include a 59 for the neck and of course the always loved Crunchlab / Liquifire combo.

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
Oh my lawd, 7 string LP with low pricetag! Man i want one of those! Just needs bit of modding it with refinish and throwing those uglyass pickup rings away (just my opinion) and attach phase 1 blackouts for ultimate sexyness! Also chrome hardware needs to be changed. But still, its the guitar from my dreams :D

Latest posts

')