NGD: AV Baritone 7 awesomeness from the great land of Czech Republic.

• Thread starter Speedy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speedy

Reaction score
So...

A good friend of mine bought a second hand guitar. It was built by a luthier from Czech Republic.

Since the guitar was located in Helsinki (right next to the place where I live), and my buddy was living in Tampere (about 300kms away), I picked the guitar up. I had the guitar a few weeks in my hands and I was interested to see the quality. The guitar was a fanned fret 8 string, and it looked strange, but didn't feel THAT strange. :nuts:

Anyways.. I had never heard about this luthier, but the few weeks of experience of the guitar he had made was pretty good. I sent a request for a guitar: 27", 7 strings, mahogany body, neck thru maple neck + flamed maple top.. The price was... It was.... I mean really... So MUCH LESS than I expected. So I thought "what the hell", and placed an order. I deposited half of the price and the wait began... :ugh:

At this stage I must say the luthier Ales Vychodil served me really well. he sent me photos about the top wood that what I wanted, and he did everything I asked. :bowdown:

The time came, and I got an email. The guitar was ready, and I would have to deposit the rest of the price. I did that, and on the next day I got an email.. "Guitar sent." Ofcourse.. There was a weekend in between the sending, so I would have to wait a bit longer. It was monday, about 7.45 PM, when I came home from work. There was the arrival announcement. The guitar had arrived. At the same moment I realized that the post office will close at 8.00 PM, so I was in a hurry :scream:

I got to the post office in time, and picked up the package. Damn it was well packed, and it took me some time to get the case out of the cardboard box.

So there it was... What might it be:

PB241830.jpg

I opened the case.. It was really an anxious moment...

PB241831.jpg

:eek:

The guitar was.. No it IS awesome.

PB241846.jpg

PB241845.jpg

PB241834.jpg

PB241835.jpg

PB241839.jpg

Yesterday I got to test it with my VHT Ultra Lead + 412 FatBottom, tuned into G :evil: It sounded so massive. It has 2 Lundgren M7's both with coil taps. It was an instabr00talz with the bridge hum, and instashreddaz with the neck hum. But uh... It actually was very beautiful with clean sounds...

I am vert happy with this guitar. This is perhaps the most versatile guitar I have ever tested.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

acheron

Reaction score
Beatiful guitar, Aleš Vychodil is one of the best luthiers in our country and I see he did wonderful job again :) ...

acheron

Reaction score
Beatiful guitar, Aleš Vychodil is one of the best luthiers in our country and I see he did wonderful job again :) ... double-reply-fail :D

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
damn thats really nice man. that body shape really appeals to me.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Oh wow, I was NOT expecting something that awesome. I love stained maple tops with natural mahogany backs, so that's instant win for me.

The shape is really cool, and the inlay is plain awesome.

kris_jammage

Reaction score
Wow, that is so damn hot! Really is my type of guitar! Does this guy have a website or anything, would love to get a quote?

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
Yes, epicness and with an ESP reversed pointy headstock design ftw.

Latest posts

')