NGD Aviator Predator 7

• Thread starter Taikatatti
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Taikatatti

Reaction score
I was on the market for a nice longer scale 7-string for a while and stumpled across this beautiful Aviator Predator online. It was part of 2021 Aviator run with slightly less options and lower starting price. I remember eyeing this run back then and playing around with specs but ultimately chikened out.

I’ve followed Aviator Guitars on social media since 2016 but never got the chance to play one until now. I took my time to read all the reviews and ngd threads i could find before pulling the trigger.

Original owner was extremely helpful (big thanks to Ced if you lurk here :)) and answered all my dumb questions which helped too.
IMG_8148.jpeg

IMG_8149.jpeg

IMG_8150.jpeg

IMG_8151.jpeg

IMG_8152.jpeg

Specs:

Predator 7 string

Swamp ash body w/ black limba top

5pc maple/wenge neck

Ebony fingerboard, matching headstock

24 SS jumbo frets

26.5 scale

Hipshot hardware

I volume, 3-way switch

Instrumental SFTY4 pickups

First impressions:
-wow this thing is light! Like almost Strandberg-y light, unexpected but welcomed. Body is slim and backside is nicely contoured.

Neck is very slim and comfortable, but noticably wider than my previous 7, Esp Horizon NT-7. Fretwork is great, perfectly level, no sharp edges or deadspots anywhere. quality work.

I’ve played the older Instrumental SFTY3 set before so i kinda knew what to expect from the 4’s. They fit this guitar really well being slighly darker voiced, no in-your-face mid spikes or cocked wah effects in sight. Not changing them anytime soon.

Headstock is huge and fucking obnoxious and i love it :D Not something i would have specced myself but it has grown on me and fits this guitar well. I’m a little paranoid about it banging on walls and tables when i swing around on my chair, havn’t had a foot long bayonet at the end of my guitar before.

Neck does want to dive slightly while it rests on my right leg, probably due to the massive headstock and very slim and lightweight body. Once i grab the neck it balances out great. No neck dive with strap at all, only when it sits on my lap unsupported.

Overall it’s a beast of a guitar an i’m really happy i decided to pull the trigger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
absolutely stunning dude

been eyeing their Pilot edition stuff lately....

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Congrats! These are on my bucket list for sure. I just missed out on an awesome 27" Predator with a trem as I didn't have the money in time.

Latest posts

')