NGD: Axe FX o'clock

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
83360707_10158041142104629_140022698423091200_o.jpg

Man, I need to clean up my music table now :lol:.

I decided to make my *shortest ever* Toronto run to pick this up last night. Worth it entirely, because it's what I plan to do from 4:30-9:30 tonight :yesway:.

I will be running this into my powercab+ 112 for future band use and into garageband for tracking at home. I'm looking forward to messing with amps I'll likely never try in person as well as running some interesting spacey stuff. Since I don't have any band obligations right now, I'm not sprinting out to rack it just yet.

I have a very old rocktron midi mate, but I do plan to get the morningstar MC6 to control it for future gigs. At home the editor should be fine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Nice! I have been curious about the III, but still rocking my II. I am very curious about that "SS Poweramp + Cab" mode, as I typically use mine with a poweramp and cab.

I had a Midimate back when I had an Axe Standard. It worked well for preset selection, but that was back before the scenes and all that existed. I have a Behringer FCB1010 now that works well with it.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Congrats, sir. If you're taking requests, it'd be interesting to hear what your take on the VHT Pitbull and Rivera Knucklehead models sound like (if it has them of course).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
^It has neither. It has 2 Deliverance models which are ok.

And I haven't even tried those yet. Probably more gain than I need anyway :lol:.

Spent four and a half hours going through presets, loading up the latest free IR's from FAS (tried one so far) and then building my own preset. I don't know if the previous owner filled up a lot of slots or if it came like that from factory. Not too worried, plenty of space to make the handful I want.

Definitely enjoying the high gain tones more than I did with the Helix. Still gotta figure out exactly how to nail disgusting bass fuzz, but I got a little something with the bit crusher. Hoping Ken Andrews posted his Heliotropic patch :lol:.

It's nice knowing you can do nearly whatever you want (only a legacy 810 bass cab in there for now, rest are 410's and 115's).

Tomorrow's lesson got moved, guess I'll be doing this again :yesway:.

rokket2005

Reaction score
If you haven't gone through Leons videos on youtube he's covered a ton of stuff for the past two years of updates and how to dial in certain amps. Kind of a quick start guide in 250 parts, and worth watching a few to see what might be different from the II. I think there's only one new amp currently from the II, that being the JP2C, but there are a ton of stock cabs from ML, Ownhammer, and York Audio that are really good. General consensus is that bass offerings are still kinda meh, but considering 90% of bass players di when recording, it's still a decent amounts of amps/cabs.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
@rokket2005 yeah I've been watching his stuff over the last few weeks. Some good things to check out.

Gotta watch some again now that I actually have it.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
You'll just end up with a 5150 patch. :shred:

Nice score! Have fun deep diving. The deep edit parameters for amps on Ares is nuts. But I'm glad they got the sag values sorted out. Sounds more natural through an SS poweramp.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Go get an FC12 to match.

Shask

Reaction score

Nice score! Have fun deep diving. The deep edit parameters for amps on Ares is nuts. But I'm glad they got the sag values sorted out. Sounds more natural through an SS poweramp.
I am curious what this means. Is there a link? I feel like I am always messing with the sag values on my II......

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

The 6160 block with some edits is a good time!

My personal preset is a twin, a jumpered 1959slp, and a 5150 block letter.

Bass is svt1 and 410 (factory), b7k for dirt and a bitcrusher for fuzz.

Go get an FC12 to match.

If you're buying :lol: those puppies aint cheap! Plan is the morningstar MC6.

rokket2005

Reaction score
The 6160 block with some edits is a good time!

My personal preset is a twin, a jumpered 1959slp, and a 5150 block letter.

Pretty close to what I've been favoring lately with the 5153 100w Blue, Bogfish Brown, and Deluxe Verb Vibrato. Big fan of the Recto1 Orange Modern too.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
I am curious what this means. Is there a link? I feel like I am always messing with the sag values on my II......

I feel like I just load the amp model in my buddy's Axe III and it sounds good through my Matrix and cab already. Compared to when I use my Axe II through the same setup and I have to edit power amp values to get the cab to rumble. With the Axe III, it is much more plug and play.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I would mention this here: a user on the FAS forum is cloning H9 sounds. I'm about to upload his Black Hole preset to tinker with. Sometimes forums are very handy :lol: :yesway:.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude! You are not helping my Fractal gas. I keep kicking the tires and deciding not to and now I'm kicknig the tires on it again : )

I recommend it. I'm actually excited to play guitar, try new things and just relax again. That clip I made came from messing with someone else's version of the idea (wack LFO to motor speed). Now I have a preset that would work as a really weird lead in an otherwise laid-back song.

Go get one :yesway:

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
If you're buying :lol: those puppies aint cheap! Plan is the morningstar MC6.

id sell you my MC6 but my MC8 is having some power issues so the MC6 is on the board right now. :)

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have a Behringer FCB-1010 in my closet from years ago that I never used, lemme know if you'd be interested