NGD! Baritone 7

• Thread starter 7 Strings of Hate
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

apiss

Reaction score
warmoth7-3.jpg

Headstock looks like a Suhr. Me likes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Yeah it is. It was a design cut by the previous owner. I bought the body and neck off him and added hardware.

I wanna get one so I can have someone cut a 70's style strat headstock out of it. I know it would be against licensing, but I must make this happen!

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Nice 7 your building. Love that Swamp Ash :agreed:

If only Warmoth would sell 7 strings with

1. Scale somewhere between 25.5 - 27.5
28 5/8 too much and 25 not enuff. Bastards.

2. Offer the above scale seven string necks on more of their body shapes.

26 - 27" scale seven strings on their V2, SG, Explorer, Star, Soloist etc. and I would be owning a bunch of Warmoths.

I may even kill for their, ehhum, discontinued Mockingbird body with a 26.5" scale seven string neck.

ghoti

Electric Eclectic
Reaction score
Let me know how the neck feels. If I ever get some scratch, I want to get a Warmoth neck and use it with my Teaza body (looks a lot like their so-called Z-body). I realize I'll have to modify it a bit / have it modified, and the body isn't as nice as what they sell, but cost IS an issue.

I like 27" necks but haven't tried 28.65" like they have on their site. Since I'm a bass player mostly I shouldn't have a problem, but it's about $400 for what I want (would be a lot more if I got a body as well).

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
got the grain filled, sanded up, and stained. i'm going to put another coat of stain, then to nitro. i wanted either "retnia melting" red or "what the fuck was that" red. I want fire engines to look pink next to this mother fucker.

I'v been refering to this guitar as Mars:The bringer of war :lol:

005-6.jpg

004-1.jpg

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
really nice looking grain on that ash. And the stain makes it look even better.
Perhaps I missed it, but what pickups are you throwing in there?

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
even though its fairly obvious you're a diehard cardinals fan, i still like it! :lol: i just ordered me a warmoth 7 a few days ago. not sure if i want to know, but how long did it take for your stuff to get to you, and did it all come at once? and have you considered the rio grande pups? lots of people on the unofficial warmoth site go with those and they say they like them, but then again its mostly not people with sevens. im considering the rio grande single coils for mine but im not sure and i have a few months to decide!

i too wish warmoth offered more body styles for sevens and more scale length options. apparently when asked about this, they reply saying it wouldn't be profitable for them to do so. i think at first it wouldnt, but as word spread about the different options, more people would buy from them. i.e. people like me who cant spend $2K+ on a custom but still wants to choose his options.

EDIT: also, did your neck come with the holes drilled? im not sure if i trust my drilling skills enough to attempt that myself :( and can i request a photo or two of the backside of this beast?

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually dont care for baseball :lol: but red has always been my favorite color and i have always wanted a red guitar, but classy. i think i'm finally getting that with this one. I dont really care for covering up wood with paint. The organic feeling you get by looking at the grain and natrual beauty is important to me. Natures beautiful bounty :)

It took about 6 weeks I think, and the neck and body shipped together but in separate packages. pickup wise, im still trying to work out what would be best for me.

and i'l grab some rear end shots tommorow

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
yeah, those brushed aluminum ones could look insane.

Are you going for pickup rings? I'd guess so from the bottom of the routes.

')