NGD (belated) - Keller guitars 6 string exotic

• Thread starter 4Eyes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

4Eyes

Reaction score
Hi,
it was posted couple of times in post random pics of your 6s thread here, some of you were interested in the guitar, so please let me introduce this beauty to you :cool:

we are together since half of February this year, it's also her birth date . As you can see on the pics, she is based on the PRS design and except of the scale, khaya mahogany back and the body and headstock shape it's all what they have common.

So here are the specs:
  • body: khaya mahogany back with walnut top, body is about 50mm thick (35mm+15mm)
  • neck: 5pc rosewood/ebony, slightly fatter C shape
  • fretboard: 24 medium frets, ebony, 25" scale, graphtech tusq nut
  • hardware: schaller hannes bridge, hipshot locking tuners with ebony buttons
  • pickups: there are duncans on the FB pics, but now she is loaded with BKP Painkiller bridge and VHII neck combo
  • electronics: 1x volume/push pull with rosewood knob, 3 way toggle switch
  • finish: oil and wax

how does she sound? amazing. lot's of sustain, clarity, thick low ends, massive, huge midrange and shiny highs with nice attack (ebony does it's work). I prefer how she sounds tuned slightly lower (dropped D or dropped C), low tunings are her territory, than standard E tunning. it's totally fucking mad beast, she rings, she screams. mike hasty of walls of jericho was also impressed of the instument.

it's high end instrument, instead of the fact she doesn't look like most of them, she doesn't have bindings, insane inlays, shiny finish, 5A grade maple top or so, but I wanted raw looking and raw sounding guitar and I got it, many thanks to the Mr. Keller, who built it :bowdown:

SNC00563.jpg

SNC00562.jpg

SNC00561.jpg

SNC00560.jpg

click on the pic to access the photo gallery on the luthier's FB page

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
wow that's tight, if i were getting a custom that's probably exactly what i would get

nice guitar!!

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks amazing, man, Schaller-Hannes bridges are the reason I get out of bed every morning.

Congrats :yesway:

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar dude, I bet it sounds massive! But, I have to admit, the pickups look awfully squish. I'm not trying to kick up a fuss, I just want to know if its just me, or maybe its an illusion from the way the bridge is set? But I haven't noticed this on other guitars with the Hannes bridge. :scratch:

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
I think it's only optical illusion, I measured it couple of times, everything is on the right place :)
no problem dude :)

Glad to hear it, thats a great looking guitar. Enjoy her! :hbang:

4Eyes

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4528.JPG
    IMG_4528.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4537.JPG
    IMG_4537.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4538.JPG
    IMG_4538.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 78

Elijah

Reaction score
Quite a beaut you got there. That grain kicks balls!
God, I wana try out that bridge sooooo bad!

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
Very cool! I love the schaller with the PRS body. I might have changed the headstock to separate it a bit from a PRS copy, but otherwise an awesome guitar!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Nice one, the slanted bridge does make the pickups look misaligned but checking the one on the neck it seems aligned with the board all right, so I'd go for an optical thing too.

')