NGD (belated): Kiesel Osiris MS 8 with Trem

UnstableinLINY

Reaction score
I been so slammed with work I haven't had a chance to put this up yet but here she is. This will be the last one for quite a while so a banger it is.

Specs:

OSIRIS 8 Trem MULTISCALE
CHAMBERED BODY
BUCKEYE BURL TOP
Blue Metal Flake Infused
ONE PIECE SWAMP ASH BODY
CLEAR GLOSS FINISH
BLACKED OUT ASH
WALNUT NECK
THINNER NECK PROFILE 1
TUNG OIL FINISH BACK OF NECK
ROYAL EBONY FRETBOARD
STAGGERED OFFSET DOT INLAY
LUMINLAY INLAYS
20" fretboard radius
STAINLESS STEEL JUMBO FRET
ACTIVE FISHMAN FLUENCE PU
PUSH PULL TONE COIL SPLITT
BLACK LOGO

I like the fishman pickups. It a little more compressed but sounds super good especially on clean sounds. I went with something different then my usual passives. Although I loathe batteries on my guitar I wanted this one to be different. I am glad I gave it a chance.

The trem is solid and I am a fan due to the fact that the bridge sits prominent on the body instead of flush. For me personally it ends up being more ergonomic in combo with the bevel.

I wish all of you the best on your guitar adventures. If anyone wants to know anything about this guitar or any of the ones in the last picture just let me know.

Osiris 1.jpg

Osiris 2.jpg

Osiris 3.jpg

The fam.

Osiris 4.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
8 strings? Trem? I'm a fan! Those are so cool! Not too many people get the trem on the 8 strings - I rarely see them. But I think these are super cool on these headless models.

Last edited:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
3 of them? That's a 66-page thread minimum.

The more I see people say they're still liking fishmans, I kinda want to try em. Are these the standard moderns? How would you describe how they sound?

UnstableinLINY

Reaction score
3 of them? That's a 66-page thread minimum.

The more I see people say they're still liking fishmans, I kinda want to try em. Are these the standard moderns? How would you describe how they sound?
Yeah standard moderns.

Normally I just default to passive rail pickups . I have a few guitars with an 8 string version of a dimebucker (guitar on the right is one of them). I left the thorium in the Vader (middle guitar). It surprisingly had an output that was close to the rails so just some minor differences that can be tweaked with eq but they are solid and the pole pieces make the gold theme so I'm just leaving them in.

So I got the fishmans to have something different. The voicing options are kind of specific and different then what you would get out of passives. What I mean is for example on the passive pickups if I select coil split on both pickups I can get that twangy fender sound and some small volume drop. But on the fishmans, doing something similar by engaging a different voicing while the switch is in the middle position (both pickups running) the tone is a bit different. It seems a little more compressed and doesn't get the same twang kind of sound. It's not bad at all, just different and may accent specific notes/chords differently. Depending on your signal chain, you might be able to utilize these accents further with tweaks and end up with something unique sounding.

In the bridge to bridge comparison if I'm just chugging on heavy distortion both the passives and fishmans are more then enough to get the job done. I kind of have to ease up a little on pick attack on the fishmans. Not by very much but the way I have my setup I think they are hitting the front end a little harder on some frequencies.

All in all they are good pickups.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
The new one is sick but the one in the MIDDLE, DAMN that is a clean looking guitar.
Killer collection dude :hbang:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious about what the cavity looks like when it comes to that trem. Does the bottom look like a standard trem or are their different length springs or what?

UnstableinLINY

Reaction score
I'm curious about what the cavity looks like when it comes to that trem. Does the bottom look like a standard trem or are their different length springs or what?
Looks like any standard claw and spring setup on a trem. 3 springs & the block itself and cavity are not angled. Only the exposed portion of the trem and the posts are angled.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yep. Called up seymour duncan a few different times for this. I have it installed in 2 guitars and one extra sitting around if I want to swap anything out.
That's awesome. An 8 string Dimebucker probably works pretty well, if the 6 string one is anything to go off of. Even though Dime's tone has a reputation for being scooped, the Dimebucker has a lot of upper mids in my experience. Would make for a good 8 string pickup I feel.

UnstableinLINY

Reaction score
That's awesome. An 8 string Dimebucker probably works pretty well, if the 6 string one is anything to go off of. Even though Dime's tone has a reputation for being scooped, the Dimebucker has a lot of upper mids in my experience. Would make for a good 8 string pickup I feel.
You're exactly right. It handles it well but still has the same feel on the higher 6 strings. If you like the bill lawrence/dimebucker type tone and want to keep that on an 8 then your good. One added benefit with multiscale and this pickup is not worrying as much about if the pole pieces are aligned since its just one big rail. The other 8 string dimebucker is in my strandberg.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You're exactly right. It handles it well but still has the same feel on the higher 6 strings. If you like the bill lawrence/dimebucker type tone and want to keep that on an 8 then your good. One added benefit with multiscale and this pickup is not worrying as much about if the pole pieces are aligned since its just one big rail. The other 8 string dimebucker is in my strandberg.
Strandy with a dimebucker probably sounds so good

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes! sick guitar!

To be honest I like the middle one just a tad more, but seeing a nice 8 string family always makes me happy!

kriff

You've failed me for the last time, Admiral
Reaction score
I been so slammed with work I haven't had a chance to put this up yet but here she is. This will be the last one for quite a while so a banger it is.

Specs:

OSIRIS 8 Trem MULTISCALE
CHAMBERED BODY
BUCKEYE BURL TOP
Blue Metal Flake Infused
ONE PIECE SWAMP ASH BODY
CLEAR GLOSS FINISH
BLACKED OUT ASH
WALNUT NECK
THINNER NECK PROFILE 1
TUNG OIL FINISH BACK OF NECK
ROYAL EBONY FRETBOARD
STAGGERED OFFSET DOT INLAY
LUMINLAY INLAYS
20" fretboard radius
STAINLESS STEEL JUMBO FRET
ACTIVE FISHMAN FLUENCE PU
PUSH PULL TONE COIL SPLITT
BLACK LOGO

I like the fishman pickups. It a little more compressed but sounds super good especially on clean sounds. I went with something different then my usual passives. Although I loathe batteries on my guitar I wanted this one to be different. I am glad I gave it a chance.

The trem is solid and I am a fan due to the fact that the bridge sits prominent on the body instead of flush. For me personally it ends up being more ergonomic in combo with the bevel.

I wish all of you the best on your guitar adventures. If anyone wants to know anything about this guitar or any of the ones in the last picture just let me know.

View attachment 146626

View attachment 146627

View attachment 146628

The fam.

View attachment 146629
Sick collection! So that's an Osiris, a Vader and a Zeus right? How do the different shapes compare in your view?

Latest posts

')