NGD-Bernie Rico Jekyll 727 awesomeburst

• Thread starter mountainjam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mountainjam

Reaction score
Awesome carribean burst man! ;) I don't like the fretboard binding, but other than that it's amazing! btw, I'd have chosen these covers instead, to perfectly match the top:

burnt%20chrome.jpg

Those pickups are cool, but I have a love for white pickups and already had the white aftermaths laying around, so it was a win since they match the binding :yesway:

Nice, man. I personally like the white bobbins on there.
But what I really want to know is...............when did you order it?
The guitar took about 3 months to show up from the day I ordered it :lol:. But don't panic, I didn't get any special treatment. Read below to see why.

If I am not mistaken, I believe this guitar was one of the WIP guitars for purchase up on BRJ's site. I distinctly remember it as I thought the stain made it look like a layered shot of alcohol I'd seen during a college party...

Unless I'm wrong, in which case I probably had too many shots of alcohol in college. I do think that the white pickups offset the multi-color finish of the guitar well. However, those crazy burnt chrome pickups would have imbued the guitar with extra "fruity metal of awesomeness".
You got it man. I was browsing Bernie's site and saw this guitar, it was love at first sight. What I initially saw
149803_172537322772165_100000476940315_534269_7974095_n.jpg

what showed up at my house
IMG950754.jpg

then my little touch. this pic is in my op, but to see a contrast of pickup colors
100_0050.jpg

And more thanks to everybody for the cool words, glad you guys like it :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
So what do you think of the way it plays?
20" radius? shred neck profile?
I had been playing nothing but my Jackson soloist for the last 2 weeks (learning some Early Vinnie Moore tunes so I didn't need the 7'th string in the way)
and I took my BRJ back out of it's case last night and did a 2 hour session on it and it still blows me away at how easy it is to shred on mine. :shred:
I wish I had cash to burn I'd order another 7 and a 6 from him :bowdown:

larry

". . . . . . . ."
Reaction score
it reminds me of candy, or a multi-layer slurpee.
man, that is nice. there have been some real
nice NGD's as of late.

congrats man!!

stevemcqueen

Namby Pamby
Reaction score
Unbelievable. On the note of the colours not blending, I kind of like that they are a little more distinct transitions. :2c:

Last edited:

mountainjam

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

So what do you think of the way it plays?
20" radius? shred neck profile?
I had been playing nothing but my Jackson soloist for the last 2 weeks (learning some Early Vinnie Moore tunes so I didn't need the 7'th string in the way)
and I took my BRJ back out of it's case last night and did a 2 hour session on it and it still blows me away at how easy it is to shred on mine. :shred:
I wish I had cash to burn I'd order another 7 and a 6 from him :bowdown:
Yeah dude, 20" radius with shred neck profile. I absolutely love how it feels, it seems like riffs I had trouble playing before, now take less effort to pull off. I can def see myself getting another one down the road sometime.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Well I'm glad somebody finally picked up that axe. I think it's neat. It always interests me how slight color changes effect the impact of the guitar. The black pickups lessen the stark nature of the color shifts, giving it a subdued appearance. However, the instrument pops much more with the white pickups. What really gets me is how much more it brings out the neck binding. Have you thought about all white hardware? Can you even get a white TOM bridge?

I've got an all-mahogany/quilt maple top Jekyll 727 in the works - it sounds like I'll get it in October (ish... who really knows?). I went with a charcoal top finish, black-stained back and sides (with the exception of an oiled neck), all black hardware, and an ebony board. I've seen a few charcoals with chrome hardware and a couple with maple fretboards. I've also seen one with stained black back and sides, and I really liked the look. Chrome seems to make the grain shimmer a bit more, whereas maple fretboards add brightness to the overall appearance of the finish. I am thinking all that black will help accent the darker pockets in the grain and still show off the multi-dimensional aspect of the finish. I will hopefully know in the near future! HA!

You should really upload some videos of heavy riffs on that guitar, seeing that you installed aftermaths in it. My wife insists that one could only own a guitar that color if they played in a reggae or surf-rock band. I'm sure it would make her brain explode.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Looks like i just found a new best friend :lol:

Yeah, well when I said "who really knows?" I meant it. While I have been told that I will be holding the instrument in my hands in the first week of October, I've basically accepted the fact that words are cheap and beer costs money. Ya' dig?

Now, back to envying the people who already have their BRJ's!

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually prefer the finish on the back :lol:

However, it is your guitar, and as long as you think it rocks, then that's all that matters :metal:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Nice colors but don't think there's enough of a blend/fade of the colors into one another.

:yesway:

This is exactly what I thought when I saw it. I wish it were more of a burst instead of a series of multicolored concentric circles. The top wood is gorgeous, though.

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Wow man, that is beautiful! Enjoy it! Ahh I wish I could rape that with my fingers.

Latest posts

')