NGD: Bernie Rico Jr Hesperian Slant 824 (pics, vid & LONG story inside)

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Walterson

Reaction score
When I first sent these pics to Bernie he apologized and said that since the guitars are entirely built by hand by some guys in mexico (who don't give a shit, cause their names do not appear on the finished product), mistakes are quite common.

Fixed. ;)

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Nice photos!
Glad the guitar at least plays and sounds great.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
A real shame about the issues, but damn that guitar looks amazing!

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I can't believe after all that time and BS you got a guitar with a flaw like that. I had a similar (but not nearly as bad) experience with a luthier and it just sucked, I feel for you man.

At least the thing looks pretty and plays great. That's the important part.

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
Sir ,you have incredible patience.It's really to bad you had to deal with so much BS.Regardless of that ,it is a stunning guitar, aside from the flaws.I hope you can forget about this ordeal and concentrate on playing and creating some great music with that guitar. Because that's what it really is all about.Peace.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar and awesome band, but yes a shame that it had those easily avoidable flaws. Its strange, I had been dealing with BRJ in one way or another for nearly a decade and every guitar he ever built for me or sent to my store for a customer was flawless. So its just extra puzzling seeing what has transpired recently. I'm not sure what happened, but hopefully now that he's putting his life back together he'll try to make things right with customers affected and repair his reputation by putting out flawless product like he always used to.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am VERY glad to see people getting guitars they paid for, and hope it is the start of a trend.

Awesome top, congrats on finally getting your guitar :yesway: The flaws are regrettable, but if it plays well and you're happy with it that's what's important :yesway:

That said, the only problem the mod staff here has with BRJ is the massive quantity of issues members on here have had getting their guitars (well that and guys doing promo that were completely incapable of following the rules regarding dealer promotion). But Bernie can tell himself and others whatever he has to to get through the night. I'm also the only mod that even OWNS a KxK much less "being in bed with them". I am an avid fan of KxKs work and own several. I also like Vik, Strandberg, PRS, Jackson, Gibson, Fender, Ibby and numerous other brands. Hell Mike is a Jackson endorsee FFS :rofl:

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
I'm also the only mod that even OWNS a KxK much less "being in bed with them".

With good reason! The KxK I tried was vastly superior compared to my Brj. I like my Brj but that guitar was on another planet. Bernie should really just focus on upping his game...

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I ....in loved that video, Francesco. Killer stuff!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With good reason! The KxK I tried was vastly superior compared to my Brj. I like my Brj but that guitar was on another planet. Bernie should really just focus on upping his game...

Now Bernie will be telling people you're out to badmouth him because you're working for KxK :lol:

Seriously though, I completely agree Bernie would be better served worrying about building good guitars and getting them to his customers. That would pretty much take care of all of the other problems.

Latest posts

')