NGD! Bernie Rico Jr. Jekyll 727 "slimline"

• Thread starter FLGearnut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
Okay so im sure most of you here know Nick (Zimbloth) from the Axe Palace. Well a couple of months ago I got in on one of the special slimline Jekyll 727's he was having made in his special run. Some of you may have seen this guitar on Axe Palaces Facebook page as an "in progress" build pic. Well here it is completed. I went with a set of BKP Painkillers w/ Gold plated pole pieces to accent the copper metallic finish on the guitar which i might add was a good choice on my behalf. The gold and the copper blend beautifully, albeit very difficult to photograph. The finish in person is a combination of a copper and tangerine metallic. Its really a very sweet color, I was hoping it wouldnt be halloween orange and it definitely isnt. I'm not gonna go nuts saying how badass and amazing it is just yet because I dont want the honeymoon period high to get the best of me. I will play it for a couple of weeks and then do a followup. One thing i WILL say im impressed with right off the bat is the fretwork. HOLY SHIT the frets are perfect on this thing. The ebony fretboard is as black as they come and the frets and gleaming and butter smooth. So thats impressive right off the bat!

A big thanks to Nick @ Axe Palace for making it happen and dealing with all of my questions and concerns...hes a top notch dealer :yesway:

Anyway onto the pics....forgive my crappy phototaking skills

whats in here?? hmmm....
DSC00237.jpg

A BRAND NEW JEKYLL!
DSC00239.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AChRush1349

Causal Anomalie
Reaction score
Happy NGD! I've had GAS for one of these slimline fuckers since before they were even announced (I had been thinking "Gee...wouldn't it be cool if I could get a BRJ jekyll but REALLY thin bodied?") Beautiful new axe ya got there!

SirToastalot

Needs a better rig..
Reaction score
Nice one! Glad to see the Slim Lines finally making it out there. A bit of variety as well with the fixed bridge on this one.
Two in one day...talk about synchronicities!

I can see a few BRJs turning up all over this forum over the next month or two. :yesway:

FLGearnut

Reaction score
ask & ye shall receive! More pics! Also took another shot of the headstock, showing off the nice Grover locking tuners. They work pretty much the same as a sperzel with the locking wheel on the back of the tuner. 18:1 gear ratio too :yesway:

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score

And people want custom slanted open coil humbuckers in a multiscale but dont have a problem with a straight one set at an angle on a uniscale instrument?

Badass guitar man but it doesnt really look any slimmer than the standard Jekyll to me.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome man, looks good! Thanks for the shout-out bro. Although I can't see the gold pole pieces in these photos :)

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Fuck that is just a glorious color.
I bow down to this machine.

Rotatous

Reaction score
Wow. Nice man, congrats!

I must say though, that really doesn't look like a "slimline" model. Awesome nonetheless.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
these are sweet looking guitars , but they don't look as "Slim" as the ones Bernie has been pumping out recently:scratch::scratch:
this one looks way "slimmer"
photo-16-1.jpg

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I believe there's an obvious difference between the 727 "Slimline" and the 727S. The S is reminiscent of the Ibanez S body, while the Slimline focuses on the belly cutaways and makes them much slimmer.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I believe there's an obvious difference between the 727 "Slimline" and the 727S. The S is reminiscent of the Ibanez S body, while the Slimline focuses on the belly cutaways and makes them much slimmer.

Yeah that definitly should get cleared up. My understanding was that the guitar everyone calls the Slimline IS the one thats thin like an Ibanez S.

')