NGD! Bernie Rico Jr. Jekyll 727 "slimline"

• Thread starter FLGearnut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
It was never Zimbloth's intention to have these guitars be as slim as Jousa's 727S, these were mainly supposed to be a regular jekyll that lost a couple of vanity pounds in the body...not the full blown "holy shit" atkins diet :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Ok so the really thin one is just called a Jekyll "S" and this one is the Slim Line? Wasnt there something like a Slant out there too? FUUUUUUUCK I need to get my nomenclature right!

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Confusing, but it sounds like the neck was the main feature to be "Slim" on these. By looking at the 1st pic in the 2nd batch of photos. It does look closer to a KXK neck.

KXK neck for reference-

IMG_0890.jpg
IMG_0853.jpg

noob_pwn

Reaction score
haha way to make the waiting game for my 10 month late jekyll even more painful.
It looks awesome dude, congratulations!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Regarding the discussion about the Slimlines:

The Slimline idea was something I came up with when talking to Bernie about doing a run about a year ago. The idea was for it to be the same as a Jekyll, but just thinner. The Saber body thing was hatched later by one of my customers who is a Saber fan and wanted something similar. So guitars in these threads are 'Slimlines'. The stuff like the Ibanez Saber is something else.

')