[NGD] Blackat Feral S6

aciek_l

Reaction score
..in fact the package arrived few days ago, but I finaly have to time to share some info with you, guys. :)

I've had Gibson Les Paul Studio (which was awesome :) ) and the idea was to find something 'faster' and brighter than LP. I was searching for Ibanez RGA 121, 121H or 321, but it was very difficult to find these. Luckily, on BlacKat's facebook I saw this beauty. :) I've exchanged few e-mail with Tomek and day after the guitar was at my place. :)

Guitar came with very solid Hiscox case:
IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

But of course most interesting thing was inside:
IMG_4897.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

Very nice fretwrap was included:
IMG_4908.jpg

I am fully satisfied and completely happy with this purchase! It's very well made, feels great, sound great and playability is awesome, too. :)
Specification:
Ash body, maple neck, maple fretboard, huge jescar frets (nickel silver), feral wiring with coilsplit in middle position of switch, DiMarzio Crunchlab Liquifire set, all hipshot hardware (locking tuners, bridge, knobs)

IMG_4922.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s4tch

Reaction score
Very nice. I dig almost all modern takes on the Tele shape, this one is no exception. Also, I'm a sucker for white see-tru finishes. This guitar ticks many boxes for me. HNGD, I bet it is!

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Wow... Just wow... That is the nicest tele I've ever laid eyes on. Love it!

HNGD. I know you're going to enjoy this.

aciek_l

Reaction score
HNGD. I know you're going to enjoy this.
I deffinitelly am, no doubt about it. :)

I remember seeing this, what was wrong with it if you don't mind me asking?
Sure, no problem. :) Let me just quote the description from facebook:
"Bad days can happen to everyone, right? This particular instrument has back routed for baritone instead of standard scale so holes for string ferrules are not aligned with bridge. Funny that nobody noticed it until I tried to put set of strings on it and they wouldn't go through :D. Solution? Throw it away - nah... too much work was put in it already and fault doesn't in any way spoil fun with playing it. So we've decided to do a tribute to Blackmachine like many builders do these days and we installed this silly cover over holes, drilled new holes and voila. What else went wrong? Lousy routing job for the plate, which you can see on the pictures. It's not pretty but no one will notice because your holding it against your belly when playing not looking at it, right? ;)"

The plate looks cool and on the top the holes are completely hidden under the bridge. I've got the first BlacKat with chambered body. ;)
And, to be honest, if not the discount, it would be difficult to afford one. ;)

Looks stunning, what's the scale length?

Thanks. :) The scale lenght is 25,5.

Symb0lic

Death Metal fanboy
Reaction score
Amazing man, that whole thing looks flawless, and the maple board is super clean.

HNGD

Skullet

Reaction score
Happy NGD mate , i love mine - same shape sept mines has a rosewood fretboard and bareknuckle blackhawks :)

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
Oh that's nothing, congrats on getting a kickass guitar that plays perfectly and looks stunning on the cheap!

')