NGD! BlackDroid 7

• Thread starter Felsstein
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Congrats! Patrick makes some of the most awesome guitars ever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone is getting Blackdroids lately :( making me a sad panda. Awesome guitar man. Awesome.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Omg, I'm having gas again :squint:
The finish is awesome!!!
Looks ancient and modern a the same time.
Like something an alien-god race used back a few thousand years to slaughter puny humans :shred:

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
Beyond unbelievable. As I crank my speakers to the max listening to Patrick Trujillo from Mycelia completely destroy on his Blackdroid, I stumble upon this thread.

The wood grain is magnificent. It's obvious that you spend time looking for high quality lumber which is a plus in my book! Than the distressed rust finish amplifies the grain x10. The headstock design is genius and looks metal as hell! The craftsmanship involved in this noticble from the completely flat fingerboard down to the arm contours. Only 3.4 KG!? How can you get Mahogany that light! Beautiful work once again.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
The wood grain is magnificent. It's obvious that you spend time looking for high quality lumber which is a plus in my book!

:lol: My friend who sells me the mahogany must be pretty angry because I litterally spend several hours searching for the right board...

Once I spoted one, I put my hands on it and knew it was a great blank but I could not see it because it was under many others...

So I kindy :wub: asked him to come with the truck to remove the blanks and that's how I discovered the gorgeous sipo which I am currently using on my up comming builds...

Sometimes it takes quite a few hours to spot a great piece because you need to be sure the grain is really vertical and quatersawn.

Now the fun part :D....

Since I dont have a car, I go there with the public bus, then we chainsaw the blank so that I get many body and neck pieces, then I call the taxi, piss off the taxi driver because of the mess, then go home with the wood...

Then after a few weeks I then take a new taxi, go down to an other friend who has a big planer, we then plane them all 2cm bigger then the final dimention, then back home with the taxi and I then stack them in my room which is under humidity control...

After a few weeks, and when I'm about to use one of those pieces to build, I then go back (this time I walk :wub:) to the carpenter and we plane the wood to final dimention and I can then walk back home and start building :rofl:

The walk is about 2km to the carpenter :rofl:

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a rats ass Huf!? This guy! (Points to self) Get the damn lumber!

Nah! :wub: Just messin' around!

Haha sounds like fun! I mean come on, who doesn't like walking large distances to acquire heavy pieces of lumber!

Colton165

Resident burnout.
Reaction score
man hufschmid when did you start building guitars and howd you get so damn good at it lol.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
hehe Alex just sent me those cool pictures!

Diezel and Mesa equipped :agreed:

:hbang:

32254ad70d002a947.jpg

32254ad70d009d4cc.jpg

32254ad70d01121db.jpg

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
:drool:

how did i manage to miss this thread!?

man, that guitar looks amazing. i love that finish! incredible job, patrick! :yesway:

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks man :)

I want a Diezel real bad, the more I listen to the sound they produce, the more I have GAS :realmad:

:banana:

Felsstein

Reaction score
I asked Patrick for a cleaner for the guitar. Two days later I recieved mail from Mr. Patrick Hufschmid

IMG_0110.jpg

Took a piece of cloth and rubbed the guitar in, thats how those pics above were developed...

Now thats a very good and fast customer service! :yesway:

Cheers,
Felsstein

Latest posts

')