NGD: Blackmachine B2 Flamed Koa Top/Brazillian Fretboard (56k = my pary are with you)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AeonSolus

DO CEO / RHLC ©
Reaction score
yeah the neck construction and the woods have pretty much everything to do with the sound.
Doug is kind of a scientist with woods and has figured out what wood densities work best for certain sounds, so in his case its not even just the wood, but the special densities of woods he uses as well with his very strategic chambering and just general approach to building.
He thinks about the guitar very scientifically and as far as i know has even made programs to calculate certain attributes or characteristics over the years, so he has a real science meets art approach. I remember just talking to him for hours the first time i met him and being taken aback when i realized what pure passion he had and the sheer level of perfectionism he has when building. He really just does this because he loves it and sees every guitar as an opportunity to fine tune his build approach, and i knew i had to own an instrument he made the first time i met him.

/rambling

Couldn't expect less from the man himself :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah dudes (Nolly/Bulb), I totally hear you. I understand guitars can be both bright and full if it's done right. My point was, it obviously can't be THAT bright since the Cold Sweats are VERY bright pickups. There's obviously some aspects of the tone that keeps it from sounding too bright, as you've already explained :yesway:

I just don't want people seeing this and then buying Cold Sweats for their Jackson Soloists, they'll be in for a rude awakening :lol:

Bulb: Cool to hear about the Diezel cab. I liked the RL that I got in (a guy on Rig Talk has it now), but I actually dig the front-loaded one with G12K100s more. So neutral sounding, amazing what it does for your clean tones. I still prefer the character of my Fat Bottom 4x12 cabs, but the Diezel cabs ooze quality.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Yeah dudes (Nolly/Bulb), I totally hear you. I understand guitars can be both bright and full if it's done right. My point was, it obviously can't be THAT bright since the Cold Sweats are VERY bright pickups. There's obviously some aspects of the tone that keeps it from sounding too bright, as you've already explained :yesway:

I just don't want people seeing this and then buying Cold Sweats for their Jackson Soloists, they'll be in for a rude awakening :lol:

Alright cool, I see what you're getting at! In this case I was just answering the questions about why that specific pickup configuration was chosen; I wouldn't try and argue with you on your "home turf" :yesway:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I made this for you bulba

djentlemen.png

THIS ON A SHIRT NOW!!!

Im seriously wearing one to the Djentalmen Show in Indiana. Be ready Bulb.

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
GASsing does not fully explain the state i'm in right now.It's so perfect and you have it and I don't damnit:realmad:.The last time I felt like this was when I first heard that Justin Timberlake was banging Jessica Biel.:wallbash:It's just not fair!

Ima go cry now.

Oh and don't take this out on tour.Besides the chance that it could get stolen or damaged,you don't want to have it out in front of a crowd of guitar players.The feverous fapping of palms on penis would drown out Chris' vocals.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
The fact that i will never own that guitar is enough to make me weep. That thing looks incredible, i cant wait to hear it.

Reaction score
Grats on this beauty. I'm really looking forward to hearing this in action.
Obviously this guitar is in the right hands :hbang: :metal: :shred:

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
So if any of you guys know me, you know how Blackmachine obsessed i have been since i first played Nolly's ridiculous B2 about a year ago.
That pretty much forced me to get a B6 and when i had the opportunity an F8 which i loved dearly but sold to a very deserving gentleman so that i could afford to get this guitar!

I have to thank Doug first and foremost for absolutely busting his ass to be able to get this on time, there was a very short window of time for my parents to pick it up on their way to visit me for the xmachanukwanzaa festivities, and from what i hear, he basically worked 14 hours + a day to get this done for me so i owe him big time!
Nolly also deserves a huge thank you for driving from Bath to London to drop the guitar off with my parents at Heathrow, as that is a shitty drive especially considering he had to work right after that, and i have to thank Dez and Nolly as well for not stealing the guitar as i would have been very very tempted to do upon seeing it haha!

Anyways now that the due thanks is out of the way, lets get to pics!
Here is the pretty much indestructible Scott Dixon case it came in:

And here is what i saw when i opened it:

The top on this thing is INSANE, its really hard to get a good sense of it in just one picture as it is very deep and very 3d, so the light really affects the way it looks, so i just took a bunch of flash/no flash pictures to try and capture it all, but ill have my gf take some pro pics of it soon which should hopefully give you an even better sense of how it really looks! The Brazillian Rosewood fretboard was a bit hard to capture with my camera and those pics came out a bit blurry so hopefully those will come out better with the pics my gf takes as well, but damn is it nice and smooth! Also you can see some good shots of the Schaller Hannes bridge which is not only ridiculously comfortable but adds a lot to the tone. Doug said this was the best sounding guitar he has made so far, and he attributes a large part of that to this bridge (apart from the amazing wood combo of course haha!)

I plugged it into the axefx and it sounds massive and the attack on this guitar is just unparalleled to be honest. It is insanely djenty and has this clarity that is just perfect as it never gets too bright and it allows the chords to ring out so clearly and have even note definition across the board. The sustain on this thing is also absolutely insane especially with how low the action is (set up and intonation was perfect despite spending 6000+ miles on airplanes). At any rate here is a picture showing just how thin this guitar is, which to me is amazing considering how rich and full it is tonally:

To close the thread here are some pics of the B2 and B6:

There ya go! I will definitely have some clips of this guitar one way or another soon as i plan on using this to retrack whichever 6 string songs i retrack for the Periphery album as well as make it my main recording 6 stringer, so lots of clips and possiboo vids on the way.

I was lucky enough to play the B6 in St petersburg during the thrash and burn tour (I shouldve taken a pic :() thanks to Misha's permission and Nolly for taking me to the trailer to see/play it :D

I hope I get to play that gorgeous looking B2 the next time i see Periphery :D. Congrats on that gorgeous piece of wood dude :yesway: (no pun intended :lol:)

If I may know, did u sell the F8 to Tosin?

No, this is the right section, this guitar is in the extended range.

Extended range of awesome.

:lol:

Here's a pic I got of it when I collected it (only from a mobile phone so not great quality):

photo-2.jpg

Also, Doug had just finished this spalt-topped beast:

photo-1.jpg

Jesus christ that guitar screams beauty :scream:

Kickass guitar Nolly :metal: Btw is that a zircote fretboard?

firejack018

Reaction score
That's just beautiful.
Congrats mate.
One day I will own a Blackmachine!!!
Until that day though... :(

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
why did this get moved to standard guitars? isnt this an extended range guitar?

looks amazing though. his wood choice is some of the best in the world.

bulb

Reaction score
why did this get moved to standard guitars? isnt this an extended range guitar?

looks amazing though. his wood choice is some of the best in the world.

its 25.5 inch scale guitar and 6 strings, so its standard scale!

')