NGD: Blackmachine B2 Flamed Koa Top/Brazillian Fretboard (56k = my pary are with you)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
So if any of you guys know me, you know how Blackmachine obsessed i have been since i first played Nolly's ridiculous B2 about a year ago.
That pretty much forced me to get a B6 and when i had the opportunity an F8 which i loved dearly but sold to a very deserving gentleman so that i could afford to get this guitar!

I have to thank Doug first and foremost for absolutely busting his ass to be able to get this on time, there was a very short window of time for my parents to pick it up on their way to visit me for the xmachanukwanzaa festivities, and from what i hear, he basically worked 14 hours + a day to get this done for me so i owe him big time!
Nolly also deserves a huge thank you for driving from Bath to London to drop the guitar off with my parents at Heathrow, as that is a shitty drive especially considering he had to work right after that, and i have to thank Dez and Nolly as well for not stealing the guitar as i would have been very very tempted to do upon seeing it haha!

Anyways now that the due thanks is out of the way, lets get to pics!
Here is the pretty much indestructible Scott Dixon case it came in:
CIMG4114.jpg

And here is what i saw when i opened it:
CIMG4117.jpg

CIMG4116.jpg

CIMG4122.jpg

CIMG4119.jpg

CIMG4133.jpg

The top on this thing is INSANE, its really hard to get a good sense of it in just one picture as it is very deep and very 3d, so the light really affects the way it looks, so i just took a bunch of flash/no flash pictures to try and capture it all, but ill have my gf take some pro pics of it soon which should hopefully give you an even better sense of how it really looks! The Brazillian Rosewood fretboard was a bit hard to capture with my camera and those pics came out a bit blurry so hopefully those will come out better with the pics my gf takes as well, but damn is it nice and smooth! Also you can see some good shots of the Schaller Hannes bridge which is not only ridiculously comfortable but adds a lot to the tone. Doug said this was the best sounding guitar he has made so far, and he attributes a large part of that to this bridge (apart from the amazing wood combo of course haha!)

CIMG4119.jpg

CIMG4137.jpg

CIMG4140.jpg

CIMG4144.jpg

I plugged it into the axefx and it sounds massive and the attack on this guitar is just unparalleled to be honest. It is insanely djenty and has this clarity that is just perfect as it never gets too bright and it allows the chords to ring out so clearly and have even note definition across the board. The sustain on this thing is also absolutely insane especially with how low the action is (set up and intonation was perfect despite spending 6000+ miles on airplanes). At any rate here is a picture showing just how thin this guitar is, which to me is amazing considering how rich and full it is tonally:
CIMG4135.jpg

CIMG4142.jpg

To close the thread here are some pics of the B2 and B6:
CIMG4147.jpg

CIMG4148.jpg

CIMG4153.jpg

CIMG4157.jpg

CIMG4159.jpg

There ya go! I will definitely have some clips of this guitar one way or another soon as i plan on using this to retrack whichever 6 string songs i retrack for the Periphery album as well as make it my main recording 6 stringer, so lots of clips and possiboo vids on the way.

CIMG4132.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HammerAndSickle

Guitar Comrade
Reaction score
Holy. Shit. GOTM for sure!

That's absolutely beautiful. How're you liking the Hannes bridge? It looks insanely lo-profile and comfortable, definitely the best hardtail design I've seen. Does it top-load like the B6, though? I see the ferrules but I seemed to remember the Hannes being top-loading, hm...

bulb

Reaction score
the schaller hannes is definitely the most comfortable and substantial hardtail bridge i have ever played
and considering what a big block of metal it is, its no surprise it adds to the guitar's tone for the better!

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
its fuckin beautiful, but for some reason a blackmachine with a fancy top doesnt look right to me

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Do you have piezos in that?

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Dude looks fucking gorgeous; congrats; now post some videos if you can :)

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
How do you like the bridge? I just bought one off Hufschmid, and really am dying to try it out.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Beautiful. I also love how different the guitars are from each other. Different woods, hardware, contruction. Really awesome!

btw are you using either of these on the Djentastic/Djentalmen/No Women Allowed/Only Musicians in the Audience Tour coming up?

bulb

Reaction score
How do you like the bridge? I just bought one off Hufschmid, and really am dying to try it out.

i havent played this guitar for more than 30 mins and im already in love with the bridge, im actually wondering how difficult it would be to retrofit the b6 for a hannes...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm just wondering why it's got the endpin jack plus another jack.

bulb

Reaction score
Beautiful. I also love how different the guitars are from each other. Different woods, hardware, contruction. Really awesome!

btw are you using either of these on the Djentastic/Djentalmen/No Women Allowed/Only Musicians in the Audience Tour coming up?

b6 definitely as that is currently one of my main guitars, ill probably take that and the vigier as those are actually replaceable haha
if anything were to happen to this b2 i would be so fucked, and even if insurance covered it, it would be years before i could get another guitar, and we all know it wouldnt be the same

though in all honesty, i wish i could play a guitar that sounded and played as good as this one live...

')