NGD - Blackmachine B6 (56k is nay)

• Thread starter tr0n
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
I bet it plays better than any guitar you have ever played.
It certainly does. It's light as feather and as heavy as a rock (a big heavy rock of course). :D

When I first plugged in and played the open C chord the hype all made sense in an instant. The sound was right there, that midrange snarl completely in your face. It's so articulate too as many people say - more exotic chord shapes have a great deal of clarity in high gain. I'm only running it through Revalver 3.5 at the moment though. Whilst I think Revalver is the best software-only amp modeller, it really doesn't do justice to a guitar like this. I've got one of those DAR FBM-PX amps coming in a few weeks though, I think I'm on the first run so hopefully not too far away. I'm sure when that arrives I'll be stocking up the br00talz.

Because me and Doug both live in London I was able to go and meet him to pick it up. We sat down for about a half hour just chatting about guitars and amps. A real nice bloke, completely genuine and I could really tell he knew his stuff on a deep level. Also some interesting remarks about a couple of my heroes (Townsend and Thordendal). Apparently the former is a rather quiet person which surprised me. :p

Those pups are BKP Nailbombs by the way. His opinion was that they're pretty much the perfect pickup for it. I chose them because I was after something that would primarily be for high gain, but could pass for a bit of medium gain stuff and nice cleans too. So not quite a one-trick-pony. He said I wouldn't believe the neck pickup - he was right. A few days before the guitar was ready he emailed me to say he was out of black Schaller hardware and it would take weeks to get some more. So he offered me a Ruthenium set instead, which is what you see in the pics. It looks really really nice in my opinion. It'll appear silver or dark metallic grey depending on the lighting and angle.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
tell us more about that bridge im really intrigate !!!!!

It's brilliant. The sustain of my Blackmachine is absolutely absurd, feels great under the hand. I hadn't intended to get the Hannes bridge on mine but Doug couldn't sing its praises enough, obviously I've not played the same guitar with a different bridge but it certainly seems to do everything it claims to.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Also some interesting remarks about a couple of my heroes (Townsend and Thordendal). Apparently the former is a rather quiet person which surprised me. :p

Yeah, I got to meet him and talk a bit at a one off acoustic show he did a while back and definitely got that vibe from him. Really down to earth and not necessarily like youd expect seeing all of his antics on stage, videos, etc.

Congrats on the guitar~!

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
that thing is ugly as sin. buy something else.

I will take it off your hands until you find that something else. :D

haha. Damn that thing is sexy! Congrats dude!

Yen

Reaction score
It's brilliant. The sustain of my Blackmachine is absolutely absurd, feels great under the hand. I hadn't intended to get the Hannes bridge on mine but Doug couldn't sing its praises enough, obviously I've not played the same guitar with a different bridge but it certainly seems to do everything it claims to.

When I got my b6 Doug told me the Hannes bridge is going on every 6 string he makes from now on.

')