NGD: Blackmachine B6

• Thread starter Jackzaa
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ice_age_magic

That's what she said
Reaction score
That Hannes bridge is amazing - I wish I had one on my b6. Maybe ill have to save up and get another ... Heh

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jackzaa

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Hell yes for you guys supporting the Blackhawks, this was supposed to be loaded with Cold Sweats but they were kind enough to replace 'em with BH's instead.

For me, it's Hawks every damn time!

kruneh

Reaction score
Awesome, congrats!
The B6 is definitely one of the most inspiring guitars I´ve played.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sharp looking guitar. I really their headstock design. Congrats!

Jackzaa

Reaction score
While the memory is still fresh, I just got home from a band practice, got a chance to run it through my Framus Cobra.

MY GOD.

How this guitar manages to sound so full, aggressive, weighty and clear all at the same time, I'll never understand. I genuinely never thought using a different guitar with the same pickups would change the sound to the extreme extent that it did, I was expecting pretty minimal differences and only planned on changing my guitar for the upgraded comfort and quality.

Absolutely roars. Everything else that's ever run through the cobra should cower in shame. Tone search over, boys

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Congrats.

I see that you've noticed a few things:

1) B6s are very lively guitars.
2) BKPs really pick up differences in guitar.
3) Going to visit Jon is always a lengthy affair ("Oh, do you want to see what we're working on at the moment?") :lol:

Jackzaa

Reaction score
Congrats.

I see that you've noticed a few things:

1) B6s are very lively guitars.
2) BKPs really pick up differences in guitar.
3) Going to visit Jon is always a lengthy affair ("Oh, do you want to see what we're working on at the moment?") :lol:

I did! I think that all 3 contributed to the fact I walked away very happy. :)

Couldn't be happier with the service or the product. I can't really place it, but the b6 almost doesn't feel like a guitar, in the absolute best way imaginable. Am I the only one who feels that?

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I only tried one, the prototype which was korina as opposed to swamp ash. It was a lot of fun with ceramic Warpigs through a VH4.

I had quite a long chat with Doug about it at the time. He said that he was looking to build the most "direct" guitar possible, as opposed to the full customs that were more refined and tonally complex. They react very differently, I can confirm that. I'll be quite interested in a 7 string version of the B6 if it ever appears, although I'll have to sell instruments to be able to afford it!

Jackzaa

Reaction score
Direct is definitely an appropriate way of describing it. I really can't place it, but at some points I could convince myself I was playing a piano. It's just so different to anything else I've ever tried!

From what I gathered in my time there, I brought up the subject of 7's (being primarily a 7 stringer myself), a 7 string version sounds like it's an absolute possibility, and Jon and Doug have definitely given it thought. No confirmation but a "B6+1" may well be on the cards in future :) I sure hope so, but that'd be the majority of my gear on eBay to fund it! Hahaha

Jackzaa

Reaction score
Still nothing but grey skies, and still just a camera phone, but MOAR PICS
Just for those who messaged me asking for specific shots. :)

nicktao

Reaction score
I've never noticed this before but it seems like your BM or BMs in general have the bridge and neck pup closer together.
I guess this could possibly equate to some of the difference tonally?

Jackzaa

Reaction score
I've never noticed this before but it seems like your BM or BMs in general have the bridge and neck pup closer together.
I guess this could possibly equate to some of the difference tonally?

Honestly I hadn't really noticed, but just did a side-by-side with my eclipse and yeah, at least compared to that, you're definitely right. The eclipse pups are spaced 6.2cm apart, the BM has only 5cm between them. The bridge pup also sits much further from the bridge on the BM than on the Eclipse (though my Eclipse is FR, however that may affect the bridge to pup spacing)

Though the spacing between pups would suggest that the bridge pup has been moved further from the bridge and that probably lends itself to the "fuller" roaring tone I'm experiencing with the BM. I don't know why I didn't even notice, too busy playing! Haha.

I think this is probably a lot of the reason why I saw someone in the dealers section (can't remember the builder) saying a bridge pup in the middle position roars as well. I guess it's picking up on the added string movement and it's definitely a much more "alive" sound. Good spot!

')