NGD - Blackmachine B6

Constructivist

Reaction score
wow that is incredible. So what happened eventually with Blackmachines. It is quite some time they dont take any more orders. Are they still active making guitars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
@Jacksonluvr636 Thank you!

@Constructivist Like mr pickles said above, Feline's making the B6's. I hear Doug is still building guitars, but he's gotten significantly more exclusive with who he builds for and is only doing a few -if any- pieces a year.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I love that neck, but man do i hate that body. just looks so cheap to me.... ive just never understood how a guitar that stripped down could go for 8-10K. Not trying to insult the quality, but by just appearance alone, i dont know, i cant get into em.

pott

Reaction score
I love that neck, but man do i hate that body. just looks so cheap to me.... ive just never understood how a guitar that stripped down could go for 8-10K. Not trying to insult the quality, but by just appearance alone, i dont know, i cant get into em.

They don't. They cost GBP2.3k, which is in the ballpark for a UK, hand-built, relatively simple guitar (a liiittle on the high-end maybe, given what Daemoness and Waghorn charge for example).
The more expensive ones are the B2s or B7s/B8s, which are different instrument. Whether the price is fair or not is not the question here though. The B6 is not the same guitar and is reasonably-enough priced vs. the more custom BMs.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
They don't. They cost GBP2.3k, which is in the ballpark for a UK, hand-built, relatively simple guitar (a liiittle on the high-end maybe, given what Daemoness and Waghorn charge for example).
The more expensive ones are the B2s or B7s/B8s, which are different instrument. Whether the price is fair or not is not the question here though. The B6 is not the same guitar and is reasonably-enough priced vs. the more custom BMs.

oh wow I didnt realize that the b6s are only made by Feline, not by BM/Doug himself, sorry about that. Now for the price listed, I absolutely agree with you that that price for what you get is very fair. I wish they would at least let ya choose a different body wood and bridge but i guess theyre under a strict license from Doug

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
It doesn't. B6's are 3-4k and available. You're thinking of B2's and it's more like 10k to who knows?

Latest posts

')