NGD Bowes SFLx 7 String

• Thread starter faceforward_007
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
christ on a stick that makes me salivate at the thought of playing my new custom. saw it the other night in nearly done ruff format, and seeing this especially in that light def assures me that Brians stuff is eye popping when done, and i already loved my axe when i first laid eyes on it

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Daaaaaaamn, might have to look into his guitars for my own custom in the somewhat-distant future. I know I always enjoy checking his in-progress thread.

mountainjam

Reaction score
Very classy guitar :yesway:. Never heard of bowes before, but Im now a fan. Happy ngd.

Sora01

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Looks absoloutley stunning. Probably the only other company other than KxK i'd be interested in buying another custom from!

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
WOW That is beautiful!! what are his prices going to be for something like this?

Right now, he has this posted in the Bowes thread in the Dealers and Group Buys section, but i'm sure prices will change:

Pry - that is mahogany. It's nicely quartered.

Two more prototypes on the way:

2 30 inch 8 strings ($1850)

One done in curly European ash, other with solid walnut body
Roasted figured maple neck with zirocote stringers
25 frets, scalloped 12 - 25
Nordstrand humbuckers
hipshot hardware
4x4 headstock

I'm going to be doing a run of 6's at the end of February - if anyone is interested - here are the specs.

$1600

- 2 piece body / 1 piece if available (ash, mahogany, figured european ash, white limba, alder)
- Dimarzio or Duncan pickups (Nordstrand +100, BK's +150)
- whatever fretboard - no upcharge ebony, zirocote, cocobolo etc (cept something like snakewood)
- fixed Hipshot bridge, Hipshot locking hardware
- Graphtech nut
- quilted or flamed maple +100
- Flat top 1.25 inch thick body or carve top (1.5 inches at center, 1 inch at edge) - no upcharge

You can also contact Brian via SS.org or the Bowes Facebook account at http://www.facebook.com/bowesguitars

Hope this helps you out

iloki

Reaction score
Definitely helped me lol.. but not my wallet! I'm looking at getting in on his next run of 7's in May.

Happy NGD!

iloki

Reaction score
any clips of this beast in action? would love to hear what the nordstrand pickups sound like :D

broj15

Reaction score
There is really nothing i don't like about this guitar. Cosmetics are cool, specs are cool, no tacky inlays or anything else unessecary. It looks like the luthier just did stuff to enhance the natural beauty already within the wood and didn't try the force anything if that makes sense to anyone. Happy NGD.

Latest posts

')