NGD! Bringing it back to 1999 (MIJ Ibyy Content)

• Thread starter Jake
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
pics first:
photo+1.JPG

photo+3.JPG

photo+4.JPG

photo+5.JPG

photo.JPG

photo+2.JPG

So long story short I wanted a new 7 string and while I was browsing GC's online site I found a fantastic deal on this 1999 AX7521 with a case. This thing looks like it hasn't even been played since 1999 honestly, it has an unknown SD in the bridge that i'll identify once I get some strings to put on it because these are older than the earth itself. However sitting down with it it's a very well built guitar as you'd expect from the fujigen factory and even though it's a short scale 7 It'll do for what I need it for. I know most people hate this shape, model, color, scale length, hell everything about it but I like it. It's different that's for sure. Anyway I'm gonna go clean this baby up and pretend it's 1999 again by pretending to be Wes Borland :fawk:. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
HNGD! Looks like a Full Shred SH-10 in the bridge.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Definitely going to second the 'full shred' pickup.
$150?? SHUT UP! Major steal.
Too good to pass up right? I bought an AX7221 last week for $90 but it's going back now that I got this. This thing is fantastic, just got done playing it for a little bit.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
ive got the non-mij one. plays a hell of alot better than the rep it gets. after some heavy modding that is.

THB430

Reaction score
come on guys old at 6 and 11 in 1999. I was 23 in 99. That makes me feel older. Those were the days.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
ive got the non-mij one. plays a hell of alot better than the rep it gets. after some heavy modding that is.
I technically have one too, however it got shipped to my house not to my college :lol: only 2 hours away.

I'm most likely gonna return it (not this one that is in the NGD) but we'll see what happens to it

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
shitsøn;3714387 said:
Saw it on Instagram earlier, cool axe!
I definitely like it so far, it actually sounds pretty good! Thanks Simon!

ratm2020

Reaction score
HNGD! I had one of these for a while, played fantastic, I loved the neck carve it had. Sold it to some dude in Russia to buy a Universe, almost regret selling it...

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Awesome find!

I want to get another one of these and set it up well, unlike I did when I first had it as a noob.

Shask

Reaction score
I wont talk about age... other than saying I remember playing a ton of these in stores around that time.... :D

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Despite the short scale it's pretty playable in A right now with what I'd assume is a 56 on it, I've ordered a bunch of random strings to play around with tension and tunings so we'll see how well it handles a .60 and go from there

Latest posts

')