NGD! Bringing it back to 1999 (MIJ Ibyy Content)

• Thread starter Jake
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Thank you! I don't see why these things got such a bad rep when they first came out other than being ugly because it plays amazingly.

They were not as good as the RG7620 that was out at the same time. They were always second to those....

That is basically why....

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
They were not as good as the RG7620 that was out at the same time. They were always second to those....

That is basically why....
Ahh true, that makes sense then. Still not a bad instrument at all though :yesway:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
HNGD man! Very nice color. 24.75" scales can also drop down as far as G# tuning if you like, shouldn't be a problem at all.
Thanks everyone! yeah the lowest I'll be going with it ever is G so it's all good haha, I'm probably gonna end up tuning it up more likely.

Suho

Guitar Guardian
Contributor
Reaction score
come on guys old at 6 and 11 in 1999. I was 23 in 99. That makes me feel older. Those were the days.

Ah, got you beat. I was 25. I was already married, too, so I really feel old! :wallbash:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I got guitarstrings older than that :shred:

O and nice score OP :hbang:
Pretty sure the strings on this are from '99 :lol:
had to order some online because the shop in town doesnt have anything bigger than like a .48. We'll see how this feels with a .60 and go from there lol

Thank you though!

ratm2020

Reaction score
Pretty sure the strings on this are from '99 :lol:
had to order some online because the shop in town doesnt have anything bigger than like a .48. We'll see how this feels with a .60 and go from there lol

Thank you though!
I had mine strung up with the Dunlop Heavy Cores (which has a .60 for the lowest string) amd it felt great in drop A :yesway:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I've heard these guitar have intonation problems, have you had any issues with that?

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
I've heard these guitar have intonation problems, have you had any issues with that?
Nothing so far, I had it in A and it was fine. Sounds clear and heavy :yesway:
But hey its a mahogany bodied, mij ibby 7 not much more I could ask for haha maybe an extra inch of scale length but I can make it work with short scale

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Finally! More people who like this guitar!

I thought I was the only one! I love everything about them from the shape, to the scale length. They have a really awesome chunky tone!

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Finally! More people who like this guitar!

I thought I was the only one! I love everything about them from the shape, to the scale length. They have a really awesome chunky tone!
I especially like the scale length as I'm a small person with very small hands which is why I love my short scale PRS SC too, the shape is growing on me, the finish is awesome actually, and it sounds great through my jamup app which is all I have amp/processor wise.

s4tch

Reaction score
Great score :yesway: I had the Korean 7221 (from fellow ss.org member nimgoble IIRC), and although it was not perfect, after a setup, it played just as good as any 7-string Ibby. The scale lenght is OK if you don't want to go below A, and that was probably the best sounding Ibanez with original pickups that I've had so far. Was it neck heavy? Hell, yes, but who cares. Those are seriously underestimated.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Great score :yesway: I had the Korean 7221 (from fellow ss.org member nimgoble IIRC), and although it was not perfect, after a setup, it played just as good as any 7-string Ibby. The scale lenght is OK if you don't want to go below A, and that was probably the best sounding Ibanez with original pickups that I've had so far. Was it neck heavy? Hell, yes, but who cares. Those are seriously underestimated.
That's the one thing I was worried about with this was neck heaviness however its not neck heavy at all really. Maybe mines an odd one for that but I don't know it's pretty balanced :scratch:

I'm still debating keeping the ax7221 that's sitting in a box 2 hours away at my house or just returning it. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet.

')