NGD: Cancer's KXK Review (56k = not recommended...seriously)

• Thread starter Cancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Alrighty, here we go:

So I didn't want to do a pic story (y'know with the opening of the box), that would've been boring, I mean seriously, do you really want to see me grogged out from work opening a box? Perhaps in another life I was cool enough to make that exciting. The weather here had been cloudy all week anyway. I was in Philly all day Saturday (which absolutely ruled btw), and today was just as nice so I figured this would be a good day to get some pics. You can see them below. I also, as promised, posted a video. It's my first, and I'm still really grogged out from the Philly trip, so try to be kind.....anyway with further adieu.....the highlights....

Here's all of them in my photobucket....

000_0100.jpg

000_0102.jpg

000_0103.jpg

000_0104.jpg

101_0272.jpg

101_0273.jpg

101_0274.jpg

^^^^...see the line where the fretboard meets the body? Yeah I was worried too at first.
101_0276.jpg

101_0277.jpg

101_0278.jpg

101_0280.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet guitar, but the Youtube video didn't work.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
The video may still be processing, as for the last pic, your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully we can get some more eyes on it before I use the terms "finish flaw"...

ps....btw...I am NOT bashing, I LOVE this guitar, I really can't emphasize that enough, I soooooo can't wait to get it a twin.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
looks like somebody came on your guitar dude...

btw congrats

Used666

Reaction score
Out of curiosity do you/can you get a picture of the case it came in? Im curious what the cases look like, thanks.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity do you/can you get a picture of the case it came in? Im curious what the cases look like, thanks.

KxKs come in normal G&L cases. They resemble a UV1000 case but all black, if you're not familiar with the G&L design.

That horn just looks like oiled mahogany to me, but it's hard to tell from pictures :shrug: Is it rough to the touch or anything?

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
nice!

now come back to Philly, and bring that guitar with you so i can try it out :squint:

:lol:

Stengah_2012

Back from the dead
Reaction score
:wag:

Beautiful guitar man! That trans red is amazing.

Thanks for making that video, it helps to have someone walk you through the features and give you their thoughts on them. :yesway:

Rob_KxK

Reaction score
Cancer, looks like something has leached from the end grains to
cause that cloudy look. I can get you a shipping lable to bring
the guitar back and fix that.

The finish is a hand applied wipe on, wipe off. So in the heel it
may appear as sand marks but it is just the clear coat application
over a semi solid color.

I'll send an email so we can talk in more detail.

Rob

')