NGD: Cancer's KXK Review (56k = not recommended...seriously)

• Thread starter Cancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredder777

Dr. D. Suzuki
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Cancer, thanks for that informative video and congrats on the KXK,it looks awesome. I got mine not long ago and its great, i totally agree about that cutaway, i can get really high on the frets no problem and the neck heel is very comfortable. Im also going to follow youre advice about the battery in regards to the pickups because i felt that they lacked some bite so maybe changing it will help. I also had to set up the guitar because the action was too high for my liking, thats probably my only issue but that got cleared up quickly. In conclusion this guitar is probably the best ive had.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Did you contact Rob, Cancer? you should, he seems to want to fix that. i´d do it :)

also, that guitar is NICE! i love the simplicity of it (recessed TOM and all), and the wood looks awesome like that :D

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Did you contact Rob, Cancer? you should, he seems to want to fix that. i´d do it :)

He sent me email already (talk about service, that is unreal). I kinda said this Rob but I'll mention it here, if he wants to fix it then I'll send it back to him (although I'll miss it when it's gone). Truthfully, it really doesn't bother me, I only bought because a). I didn't know what it was (finish flaw, wood blemish, spore growth <----joking), and to provide feedback.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the strap buttons are recessed
How does that work?

Dunlap strap locks. There's a pin you attach to the strap, which fits inside the middle of the strap button. I have the same system on my KXK. The only downside is that the bearings on the strap pin wear down over time and become subject to failure--catastrophic if the guitar falls off while you're playing.

Rob will install other types of strap attachments at your request, but those stick out like a traditional strap pin, which is kind of annoying where the pin is located on the Sii-7.

Cancer, your new Sii-7 is absolutely stunning. I love the beveling on the new ones, and that stain looks great. Personally, the imperfections wouldn't bother me--it's real wood, after all.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
That color came out a whole lot better than I ever expected it to. It is like a brighter version of a Loomis.

ToneCrafter

Tone Magician
Reaction score
SOooooooooo nice man, congrats :shred:

Whats the deal with this though?

101_0280.jpg

Glad to see that the few problems you have with this guitar are going to be addressed. Finishing problems like in the pic above should not happen on a "custom" guitar....ever. They should not happen period, but obviously nothing can be perfect.

Anyway, excellent looking guitar. Play it in good health!

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
Dunlap strap locks. There's a pin you attach to the strap, which fits inside the middle of the strap button. I have the same system on my KXK. The only downside is that the bearings on the strap pin wear down over time and become subject to failure--catastrophic if the guitar falls off while you're playing.

Rob will install other types of strap attachments at your request, but those stick out like a traditional strap pin, which is kind of annoying where the pin is located on the Sii-7.

i really hope Rob doesn't do this standard. i never specified something as trivial as strap buttons. i would just replace them on my own if i didn't like them (i've grown quite partial to Schaller straplocks), i've never even noticed these recessed straplocks before, and i REALLY don't like them.

emails Rob... :wallbash:

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
The curves and sculpts on these guitars are absurdly sexy. Pity on the problem areas, but Im sure that will get addressed to your satisfaction.

')