NGD: Caparison Dellinger SE

• Thread starter NoodleFace
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Before I tell you what I traded for this, I need to tell you all that this is a guitar I've been in love with since I was approximately 16 years old (I'm 32). When the seller agreed to the trade, I had no choice but to take it.

I traded my Bowes SLx7 for this guy. Based on the serial number, this was made in 2006 and was the 24th made for the year.

First thing I noticed right off the back was this neck is absolutely amazing. I'm a huge original Wizard fan, and there aren't many guitars that can hold a candle to that (according to me) - my ESP M-II was very close, however. This neck I think might be my new favorite neck of all time. Extremely comfortable, thin enough for serious shredding action, and a good shape to it. The low action I was able to achieve on this is something I haven't been able to achieve since owning my original RG3120, and I love it!!

Electronics - In the bridge is a Warpig and in the neck is a BKP savage, the mid is stock Caparison. The Warpig is wonderful of course - my Bowes also had Warpigs so it is a bit similar in that regard. I do wish that the cover on the warpig matched the other pickups, but that's just me nitpicking really. The BKP savage sounds really good as well, very surprising. I haven't had time to mess with it, but the tone knob is a coil tap as well.

Any cons? Not really, this is my dream guitar and it delivers. If I had to nitpick, some of the Schaller is showing some corrosion/rust, but nothing major. Mostly on the fine tuners. If I really wanted I could clean/grease/replace whatever is needed.

A couple pics:

Ohq8Zlv.jpg

K9bbU2D.jpg

fJ4Xv1o.jpg

JEqBaXX.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
Congrats! I have a similar looking Pro and they are fantastic guitars!!! Gotta love the neck and fretboard... clean, clean, clean.

:hbang:

')