NGD: Caparison Horus Custom Shop Peter Joseph

• Thread starter ice_age_magic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
First of all: HNGD!

I love the optics and I have heard great things about the Caparison build quality, but I have a question: The string height above the body (i.e. distance between body surface and strings) appears to be very high. Also the neck seems to have a significant angle. The question is: Why is that? Is the Floyd's block longer than usual so it had to be setup this way?

ice_age_magic

That's what she said
Reaction score
The neck is not parallel with the body, it is angled back slightly for a more natural and comfortable feel when playing. Many jackson guitars are the same. You get used to it pretty fast and it is a much nicer feel when standing up and playing. Check out their website for more on the neck angles

ibanezgitarrero

Ready to RAWK.
Reaction score
It's a matter of taste. Me personally, I would rather go for a recessed bridge and a low string height above the body because it kinda feels better for my right hand.

')