NGD Caparison Horus Scarab

• Thread starter constepatdyak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys :wavey:
I've had this horus for a few months now, but only recently had time to mod it and take some photos. Haven't had time for a proper setup yet, which is why the saddles look out of place.

Pics first:
wc0qbk.jpg

2vkj6ok.jpg

jinjps.jpg

2hzrdk7.jpg

r85rva.jpg

21l4pxy.jpg

20qn7ra.jpg

2d6rsq0.jpg

24ott8o.jpg

Replaced the Schaller floyd with a Gotoh floyd which in my opinion is far superior due to its lower profile, angled-back fine tuners, and a better arm mounting system.
My main issue with the schaller is that I kept hitting the fine tuners which was really annoying. Gotohs also comes stock with a brass block so that's a plus.

For anyone that is thinking of replacing an OFR/Schaller Tremolo with a Gotoh one, it will fit fine as long as you use the OFR/Schaller mounting studs but you may also need to replace the string locking screws like I did as the Gotoh ones were too long.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Seems like you would run into issues intonating thicker strings with that gotoh in the floyd route even with the screw swap. How do you like the height adjustable posts? Probably not a lot of use with a locking nut, but they've always interested me.

Captastic

Reaction score
Replaced the Schaller floyd with a Gotoh floyd which in my opinion is far superior due to its lower profile, angled-back fine tuners, and a better arm mounting system.
My main issue with the schaller is that I kept hitting the fine tuners which was really annoying. Gotohs also comes stock with a brass block so that's a plus.

For anyone that is thinking of replacing an OFR/Schaller Tremolo with a Gotoh one, it will fit fine as long as you use the OFR/Schaller mounting studs but you may also need to replace the string locking screws like I did as the Gotoh ones were too long.

I did the same thing on my TAT!

Great minds think alike...

Swordfish

Reaction score
Very nice! And it looks like the back of the headstock has been autographed by Mattias Eklundh.

I have heard this converstaion before about the schaller/floyd/gotoh bridges, apparently caparison use the schaller deliberately because of the thicker base plate, it's supposed to have a heavyier influence on sound.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Beautiful! Do you know why the route on the bridge pickup is so oddly shaped/ asymmetrical?

Latest posts

')