NGD - Carvin 727, Std. edges, Ruby Satin Flame...

• Thread starter rob_l
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I freakin love this guitar Rob.. I love the color, the satin finish, and the non-rounded edges.. Its a beauty!! :yesway:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice!
I really like these with the standard edges.
but I've got to ask, Why so many guitars? ad so many of the same guitar in different colors?:scratch:
I've never been able to understand the "collector" mentality
(I know a couple of Charvel/Jackson collecters and they have many beautiful guitars that just sit in their cases) when someone could actually be playing them. I love to go to their houses ans play them all but in reality alot of them are in god awful shape and need serious setups because they've been sitting untouched for over a year.
The "most toys wins" mentality just goes right by me, I don't get it.
I'm not trying to be a dick , I just don't get it.

Different tunings, different purposes, different looks for different bands... I only buy really versatile guitars and I still have five of them and could use a few more tbh. For me it's the tunings that make a mess of things.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Different tunings, different purposes, different looks for different bands... I only buy really versatile guitars and I still have five of them and could use a few more tbh. For me it's the tunings that make a mess of things.

***edit never mind******

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
You got the sweetest gear man... do you make any of your own music, or just like to have a lot of options? lol

rob_l

Reaction score
You got the sweetest gear man... do you make any of your own music, or just like to have a lot of options? lol

LOL - Yeah, I do everything(guitar, bass, vocals.. et al.) I could never find people to jam with when I was growing up because of the arm-pit town I was born in - Mobile, Alabama. Sorry if I offend, but when I was growing up (I'm 35) - There were only two metal bands in town. And then there was our band. The closest thing to DRI - lol! And, if memory serves - A band named the Vomit Spots (frat-boy late 80 punk KO):nuts::scratch:

Never really jived with anyone, and creative differences were more abundant than common ground so nothing ever worked out. :fawk:

I started doing everything on my own not long after the last band dissolved. I started on the Tascam Porta04 and then "upgraded" to a 238 syncaset. Been recording my own stuff ever since. Though, with my condition and a 3yr old - I'm glad I retired early and can reap the benefits now. There may be no later.... :hbang::shred:

But I hear some of you guys - People 'collect' different things for different reasons. I dont necessarily collect guitars. I 'acquire' and then commence playing the HELL out of all of them. I pull 5 new guitars daily to play or to let others play. The "lower end" guitars are available freely to people in the studio.

I run the studio you see bits and pieces of, out of my home (The studio is 5 rooms and an enclosed, airconditioned garage all wired up) so there are actually a LOT more guitars and gear in general spilling in here almost daily. I've only recently begun to get the studio idea swirling and have been adding gear and soldering patch bays like crazy for a month or two now... :)

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
so is your studio going to be open to the public for locals bands to record in?
That would be very cool, since it looks like you have nothing but high end equipment :agreed:
your condition??? are you ill? (sorry to hear it if you are) *** edit *** never mind just went to your web site.
I was not trying to flame a fight , just curious.
Aabout 6 years ago I started collecting San Dimas Jacksons and Charvels (actually got up to about 14 of them), there are
a couple of local SD collectors that helped guide to finding resources etc. It just didn't jive with me, I physically couldn't
find the time to play all of them as much as they should 've been played. so I just picked the top 3 or 4 that I felt "I couldn't
live without" and sold off all of the others to other collectors that had been chasing me for them or to local players that had seen them and
"fell in love"
You have quite the arsenal of DC727(747's). :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Varjo

ss.org frenulum
Reaction score
Sweet guitar and sweet studio. If I ever go to the states, I want to come over and test drive your stuff :D :metal:

But nice stuff man. Gorgeous finish.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
that is absurdly sexy...as soon as someone convinces Carvin to offer a 27" neck, i'm getting the exact same thing...unless i can do it with their Tele knockoff shape

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
Wow, that's sick guitar. :eek:

Maple top is also very gorgeous. Is that normal flamed maple or something special? It's just so incredible!

I just have horrible gas for hardtail DC727 with satine matte finish with deep purple color and golden hardware.

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
Another gorgeous Carvin :D

Indeed.

But I'm little bit pissed off, because in Finland we can't offer guitars straight from the Carvins website and price wich local dealer is asking for it is so f*cking ridiculous.

Latest posts

')