NGD Carvin 727

• Thread starter Goober
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Default_M

Reaction score
Including Freight, VAT & Import duty it was $1,435.00 all up to the UK. I think thats an awesome deal for a guitar made to my spec

Martin

Thanks. Was that with lots of none standard options? I'm trying to figure out how much on top of the guitar price you have to pay for the shipping and taxes because I can't figure out how to get it to tell me on the Carvin site.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

onefingersweep

Reaction score

Default_M

Reaction score
Thanks, that only seems to make the calculations based on the base price of $799 though and not the final price of the guitar you build after all the options.
Although I suppose I can work out the percentages its calculating on the $799 and then apply them to the finished guitar.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
a couple questions for people that have ordered carvins before... are these things plek'd? also, is there an option for binding or scale length? I checked and couldn't find it on their page.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
a couple questions for people that have ordered carvins before... are these things plek'd? also, is there an option for binding or scale length? I checked and couldn't find it on their page.

No
No and No
I would've loved binding on mine (not an option)
25.5 is the only scale length they will make a 7 in.
Plek would add at least another $100.00 to the cost (I'm actually surprised they don't have a Plek machine)

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope not Plek'd nor is there any option for scale or binding.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
No
No and No
I would've loved binding on mine (not an option)
25.5 is the only scale length they will make a 7 in.
Plek would add at least another $100.00 to the cost (I'm actually surprised they don't have a Plek machine)
Nope not Plek'd nor is there any option for scale or binding.

ehh.. seems like it'd be worth the extra $100 for a pretty much perfect set-up on an already amazing guitar.

scale length isn't really a problem, i was just wondering if i possibly missed it., the binding is the real bummer though.

I'll probably do up another custom order once i get near tax season... carvin seems like the way to go seeing as i'm not finding luck with other builders and sherman/kxk/conklin are probably a little too far out of my range at the moment.
----------------

to the OP, that thing looks sweet as hell, theres certainly not enough purple guitars.

')