NGD Carvin Bolt (along with a few questions)

• Thread starter goose_78
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goose_78

Reaction score
So yesterday I traded a Charvel DS-2 for this guitar. I cant help but think i got the better end of the deal, even though the original owner carved the name "Sadie" into the back and the second owner filled it in with black marker. :noway: But I've never owned a Carvin before, so have some questions. Why is there no serial number? Why is there no markings of any kind on the guitar? what would be the approximate value? It seems that the bridge PU has been upgraded, the dude I traded with said that its a Pearly Gates in there currently. As far as I can tell the Floyd is the real deal. (so the literature in the case says) One piece neck with rosewood fb and jumbo frets. All in all it seems like fantastically made and plays and sounds great. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_0365[1].jpg
    IMG_0365[1].jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    785 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 127

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Does it not have a headstock logo or is it just colored in? If it doesn't have a logo, it may be a Carvin kit guitar. You can buy a bolt from them un-assembled as a kit, and I don't think it comes with a logo. That may explain the lack of a serial number.

I just took a look on their site, and the strat kit currently starts at $440. The finish, bridge, etc. would be upgrades.

No idea of the resale value, I suppose it depends how well it was assembled. Probably no issues if it plays well though. Given the graffiti on the back, that guitar may be an ideal refinish project if you're into that.

Enjoy! Carvin makes great guitars.

goose_78

Reaction score
Yea, I wondered if it wasn't a kit. If so, it was put together and finished extremely well.

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
Looks beautiful. I like the simple, slightly snazzy look with the pickguard, and the way the headstock goes well with the body shape.

It's nice to see an older Carvin on here, and a bolt-on at that.

Shask

Reaction score
That looks better than a lot of Bolts!

I dunno, many of them look too rounded or something to me. That one looks good though!

I have been looking at all their bolt ons lately. It is a shame they have so many neckthroughs, but hardly no bolt ons.

nyxzz

Reaction score
I think the real question here is why the hell someone would carve something into the finish of a guitar

goose_78

Reaction score
I think the real question here is why the hell someone would carve something into the finish of a guitar

Ha, that would definitely be the question. If it wasn't for that, It would be in like perfect condition. It's a pretty fun guitar, but I'm just not sure that I gel with it. so it's currently up for sale/trade. Which If it doesn't sell, I wouldn't mind keeping it but I just can't justify it hanging around and rarely getting played.

goose_78

Reaction score
I dunno. Its just not really what I'm into. I think I'd like something a little more fendery. Maybe a maple fretboard with a big head stock and a 9.5 radius. I really don't have any use for a floyd rose. Its a hard guitar to hate, but I do think I'd like something else more.

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
I almost ended up with that guitar. Guy wanted my charel for it. I didnt like the lack of logo, or the floyd. Hello fellow Savannian!

')