NGD Carvin content

• Thread starter Stealthtastic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stealthtastic

Doesn't play guitar
Reaction score
Today after school I got this, I think I like it alot. I got it from AdamofAngels, and I love every single inch of it. It's a fantastic guitar, the first guitar I've ever owned with stainless steel frets and it's quite literally the best guitar I've ever owned.

Pr0n
carvin1.jpg

carvin 6.jpg

carvin2.jpg

carvin5.jpg

carvin4.jpg

Specs
- Mahogany Body
- 1 piece Mahagony Neck
- ebony fretboard
- satin finish (body and neck)
- no inlays
- stainless steel frets
- string saver saddles
- Sperzel locking tuners
- black hardware
- Dimarzio Evo 7 in bridge, Stock Carvin in neck

These are a few pics that Timelesseer had in his FS thread for this guitar.
Did I mention that I love it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iloki

Reaction score
Once you go stainless, you never go back... Even brand new nickel/brass frets feel dirty lol

Also, not a fan of blue, but it is an awesome guitar :)

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Very cool having blue on top and wood on the back, looks awesome!!

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
@Danimal: DTS? Yes. (you can tell because of the black; that's how they do it: first stain it black, then sand it down, then stain it color. I understand that with some of the lighter colors they stain it a darker color of the lighter color - say orange if it's gonna be a honeyburst or whatever. But yes, this one is no question DTS.

Sick guitar, dude. Love the satin. I'm a bit of a satinist myself :)

Totally agree about the stainless frets; Playing my Agile and bending notes feels like rubbing rusty barbed wire compared to the buttery smoothness of my Carvin's SS frets. MMM mmm MMM!

Timelesseer

Reaction score
Congrats dude. Only had that thing for like 13 days, but I truly did enjoy it! Glad to hear you're liking it as well. HNGD!

Panacea224

Reaction score
Happy NGD man. Stainless steel frets are awesome and I have always loved blue guitars.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen the rounded sides on a Carvin with natural back and neck and stained top. It's really great looking, congrats!

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
HNGD. You're gonna love it. I have 5 Carvins and have trouble even thinking about going to another brand. That guitfiddle has some awesome specs, and I love the top and the satin finish:hbang:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus. I LOVE the contrast between that blue top and that mahogany. The rounded body sides with only the top stained looks wonderful. If I ever get another Carvin with rounded body sides, it will most probably be like that :)

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
@Danimal: DTS? Yes. (you can tell because of the black; that's how they do it: first stain it black, then sand it down, then stain it color. I understand that with some of the lighter colors they stain it a darker color of the lighter color - say orange if it's gonna be a honeyburst or whatever. But yes, this one is no question DTS.

Uhhh... really? Because to me it looks very obviously not DTS. It simply doesn't have the depth or 3-D effect that DTS has.

Seeing black in the color isn't a tell of DTS; you can see in this thread that a non-DTS stain can still have dark streaks or patches. However a DTS stain will be darker overall, with a sort of shadowing effect. I'm not seeing that here.

'Course, I could be totally wrong (it's harder to tell on satin finishes anyway), but that's where I'm hedging my bets. Maybe the original owner can chime in.

')