Status
Not open for further replies.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
Amazing instrument. Enjoy:

Specs:

* CT7C (carved top 7 with floyd rose bridge)
* koa body
* koa neck with walnut stripes and oil finish
* quilted maple top, deep triple aquaburst, natural binding
* jumbo stainless steel frets
* ebony fretboard (streaked), 14" radius
* passive pickups
* rosewood knobs
* dunlop straplocks
* (NO, I did not pay extra for a hand picked top)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I feel like I could go swimming in that guitar's top. Looks great!

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Damn I think Carvin might build a better looking PRS than Paul Reed Smith! I hope it plays a great as it looks. HNGD

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. Great call on the rosewood fretboard, which we don't see often on Carvins. Really looks great with the aquaburst and meshes well with the koa.

Only thing I dislike personally is the rosewood knobs. I've seen them on quite a few Carvins and in every case I just thought they looked out of place. But that's just me, of course. Still an exceptional instrument.

FretsOnFyre

SSO's sociopath
Reaction score
That finish is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and combined with the rosewood neck? Ohhhhh damn. Enjoy!

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
The top is gorgeous! Carvin have some sick top lately.

Thanks! However, as far as I have been paying attention, they have been delivering amazing tops — flame koa tops can be a little difficult, though.

Let me repeat that I did not pay extra for a hand-picked top. This is what they give random customers like me.

Damn I think Carvin might build a better looking PRS than Paul Reed Smith! I hope it plays a great as it looks. HNGD

It does, oh yes it does. I truly love Carvin's c-neck. Moreover, the access to the 24th fret is almost as good as it is in my neck-through Carvin.

It also arrived with a great setup.

Wow, that's awesome. Great call on the rosewood fretboard, which we don't see often on Carvins. Really looks great with the aquaburst and meshes well with the koa.

Only thing I dislike personally is the rosewood knobs. I've seen them on quite a few Carvins and in every case I just thought they looked out of place. But that's just me, of course. Still an exceptional instrument.

That finish is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and combined with the rosewood neck? Ohhhhh damn. Enjoy!

Guys, it is a streaked-ebony fretboard, not rosewood — I love streaked ebony :)

I guess I would have preferred ebony knobs, but I still like these rosewood knobs.

Snarpaasi

Reaction score
Oh my. Nice Carvin indeed, I hope it had another headstock but still very nice :)

C-Squared

Reaction score
Badass instrument! Love the board on that, along with the top and color. Enjoy man!

JustinG60

Reaction score
that finish! amazing! Carvin just keeps pumping out nice stuff! Already working on designing my next one haha

only complaint, i don't like your headstock design choice. personal preference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
')