NGD: Carvin DC800 Burl/Flame/Birdseye Maple galore!

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djinn314

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yeah this guitar has really surprised me, I think they chose their best woods available for this instrument.
It also plays unbelievably well, I'm used to 25.5 scale and the 27 is definitely noticeable, but it's an awesome scale and compliments the instrument perfectly imho.

I couldn't have said it better. I like the 2228 for the shredding and the same scale too, but I'm about 99.9% sure my next guitar is going to be a DC400. I've always wanted a natural maple burl top but I'm planning on having mine with the "black burst" or whatever it's called on the site. And I'm really looking forward to jamming on one. I'm so jealous of you

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Is it harder on the fingers stretching them between frets 1 to 4?

My hands are not yours, so I suggest you to try a 27" whenever you have time and see for yourself :) but as you can see on the video, I have girly hands and have no problem at all.

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
Seriously? They can go from a spec sheet to a semi custom in 3 months time? That's amazing! Gotta start looking into one of these myself...

Yeah that's incredible. I'm waiting since november 2010 on my BRJ Hesperian 8, would be hilarious if the DC800 turns out to be the best of the two.

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
On a side note, I've made a mistake: the Axe Fx II preset I've attached on the original post is not my final version, but an earlier version that is missing an EQ block and many other fine tweakings on amp block 2 and cabs. I'll upload the right version when I'm back home.

ShadowFactoryX

OMNIHILITY
Reaction score
this is without a doubt the best DC800 I've seen ever.
Easily within the top 3 best Carvin's I've seen as well

If I get one, it might be to that exact specs

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
What was it about the pearl buttons you didnt like? I am about to get a DC700 with pretty much same/similar options.
Have you looked into replacing the pickups yet? I am wondering what the routing would end up being like if you were to change them out

IronGoliath

Reaction score
That looks really gorgeous but I honestly think if it had a bit of a bloodied red stain on it it'd sell me more.. I dunno. Not HUGE on natural finishes but this one is still really gorg. Dat grain.

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
What was it about the pearl buttons you didnt like? I am about to get a DC700 with pretty much same/similar options.
Have you looked into replacing the pickups yet? I am wondering what the routing would end up being like if you were to change them out

I'm probably gonna put an EMG sized Lundgren M8 and a Lace Aluma X Bar, so no routing/holes/pickup rings involved. Thanks for the interest!

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I love it! And I think the white sperzels fit the guitar nicely too.
If I would have to say something negative it would be the abalone logo. I would like black or white better. But that's nitpicking and just my opinion.

A friend of mine got one last week, so I tried it this weekend and you know what. I ordered one right away. I'm not even joking, I actually ordered one at his place, haha. Absolutely amazing guitar.

They're currently very busy and it's around 10 weeks.

9 weeks now ;D

Yeah that's incredible. I'm waiting since november 2010 on my BRJ Hesperian 8, would be hilarious if the DC800 turns out to be the best of the two.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've tried a BRJ 8 and I think it was horrible, both playing-wise and in build quality. Well, horrible is exaggerated, but I had such high expectations after all the talks here.

')