NGD Carvin DC800 (more pics added)

• Thread starter hiltz171jim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djinn314

Reaction score
That top wood looks fucking beautiful man! Happy NGD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
gorgeous!! and i love your other carvins as well, especially the purple one :yum:

MJS

Reaction score
Very nice. The only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't mine. :shred:

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Awesome axe, I wish they offered those bridges on the 7 strings. HNGD man!

fusion1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the clear satin matte would prevent the fingerprints like this? I like how the satin matte or tung oil looks on natural woods.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the clear satin matte would prevent the fingerprints like this? I like how the satin matte or tung oil looks on natural woods.

Yes the satin finish does pretty much resist fingerprints. Its my prefered finish :yesway:

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an 8 but wanted to do it 'properly' i.e. not cheap out with the RGA8 and then replace pups, and frankly, this/these just look awesome. I really like the color scheme of the middle 7 string - can you tell me what woods and finishes you have by any chance? I would appreciate it :)

hiltz171jim

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an 8 but wanted to do it 'properly' i.e. not cheap out with the RGA8 and then replace pups, and frankly, this/these just look awesome. I really like the color scheme of the middle 7 string - can you tell me what woods and finishes you have by any chance? I would appreciate it :)

The woods on the DC727 are as follows: mahogany body, flamed maple neck, flamed maple top, and flamed maple fingerboard, and the finish is Carvin's Deep Orangeburst :)

hiltz171jim

Reaction score
As requested, here are pictures of the back of the guitar, and more of the front as well :)

033.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

032.jpg

030.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
I'm in a state of wow. Totally sweet. The grain just explodes all around.

Sethlab

Mesa/Boogie user
Reaction score
Care to explain your thoughts on the neck? I'm considering getting on of these guys, but I'm used to playing a Wizard III Prestige and don't wanna feel like I'm playing a baseball bat. I understand that with 8s, things tend to get a bit beefier. Just curious what I'm dealing with here.

Edika

Reaction score
')