NGD Carvin DC800 (more pics added)

• Thread starter hiltz171jim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hiltz171jim

Reaction score
Care to explain your thoughts on the neck? I'm considering getting on of these guys, but I'm used to playing a Wizard III Prestige and don't wanna feel like I'm playing a baseball bat. I understand that with 8s, things tend to get a bit beefier. Just curious what I'm dealing with here.

The neck on this (to me) does not even feel like I am holding an eight string neck... it is such a perfect and comfortable neck. I cant compare it to a Wizard neck or any Ibanez neck because I've only ever played one Ibanez in my life (I know, crazy). But it is about 1 inch give or take a tiny bit at its thickest, and contours very nicely and smoothly to the edge of the fretboard on either side. Carvin's necks, out of all the guitars I have ever played, are just in a whole other level of perfection for me. No guitar I've played can get close to the comfort I get with a Carvin neck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vondano

Reaction score
did u take an option for the back of the guitar? (on the builder site, there's 2 option for back of guitar, and im not sure what they look like...) and also, is this the tripple deep thing color or just black stain flame?

gratz! that's an awsome looking axe, im sooo jealous!
i want one like this too!

nico

hiltz171jim

Reaction score
did u take an option for the back of the guitar? (on the builder site, there's 2 option for back of guitar, and im not sure what they look like...) and also, is this the tripple deep thing color or just black stain flame?

gratz! that's an awsome looking axe, im sooo jealous!
i want one like this too!

nico

If youre talking about the "black gloss back and sides" or the "black sides with blackburst back" then no I did not choose either of those, and if thats not what youre talking about then I'm not really sure what you mean then :p and yes, this is the deep triple step black stain flame.

vondano

Reaction score
If youre talking about the "black gloss back and sides" or the "black sides with blackburst back" then no I did not choose either of those, and if thats not what youre talking about then I'm not really sure what you mean then :p and yes, this is the deep triple step black stain flame.

thanx, you answered all my Questions.

No I hate you for showing this guitar.

I need one to keep living damn it!

I was into the market for an 1000$ agile, but Carvin looks superior and are custom.

my build (one I made one the site) was at 1600$ for one like this... damn you

vondano

Reaction score
btw, do you know what those back option look like?

full black back?

vondano

Reaction score
damn you,

im ordering mine next week then.

I will go deep black stain, with white sperzel button and trust rod cover, i may call to get a white binding too...

how does it play?

is the fret access good? even on the 24th fret? is the action ok at factory setting?

')