NGD Carvin DC800 Purple Flame

• Thread starter Zonk Knuckle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RGA8

Reaction score
Pure Awesome! How's that playability?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zonk Knuckle

Contributor
Reaction score
Pure Awesome! How's that playability?

It plays great, but you should know ;). But, I haven't set it up to my liking yet. The 10's are more tension than I'm used to at this scale length. The neck/fretboard feels perfect though, and should play amazingly when I put a lighter custom string set on (maybe 9-74) and maybe lower the action slightly. Oh, and this is the first time I've played SS frets. They're awesome! :shred:

Rommel

Reaction score
Came out nice. Congrats. Looks great with the matte finish.

Alpenglow

music and shat
Reaction score
Very nice! These Carvin 8 strings don't make my Carvin GAS any better... :rolleyes:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I just can't get over how awesome that matte purple looks with the faux natural binding, and the diamond inlays... I think this is turning out to be my favorite DC800 I've seen so far. It's too great. I hate you. :(

AwakenNoMore

Wrong Handed
Reaction score
MotherofGod.jpg

so beautiful, happy NGD!!!

AwakenNoMore

Wrong Handed
Reaction score
I seriously can't stop looking through all these DC800 threads, this one is a personal favorite, getting a SEVERE case of G.A.S. specifically for a DC800, the kind of G.A.S. that makes you sell your other valuables, that thing is purple heroin.

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
Nice! I've noticed carvin satin finishes have become more popular lately...they sure do it right. There's a green one I saw recently that was awesome as well. I've about decided my next one will be tigers' eye or trans black satin. w00t.

That purple is a great color too. Looks like it has a lot of depth.

')