NGD - Carvin DC800!

• Thread starter FractalInfinity
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gingerman

Reaction score
Non-bookmatched claro top? Man, keep it - it looks much more interesting and personal than those regular highly symmetrical "stripes, stripes, stripes" flamed maple/walnut tops you see around.
BTW, Carvin does produce one-piece tops from time to time, and they don't charge for it additionally unless you ask for such a top - it just depends on the wood they have at the moment. Seems like they're just happy to provide you with a very nice instrument as long as it doesn't hit them too hard financially :)

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Yea dude; that thing is sweet. Not quite as sweet as my pink one, but still...

I know what you mean though; it doesn't feel like an 8: it's too comfortable - feels more like a seven with an extra string lol. Not as intimidating as t should be? I dunno. I love mine.

Reaction score
bobrossnomistakes.jpg

For pickups I'd get the Pegasus/Sentient or 808Xs. :metal:

Skygoneblue

Frankensteeeeein!
Reaction score
One piece guitar that will always be unique, or a bookmatched top that looks just like all the other bookmatched guitars? No contest dude! This thing is beautiful!

I don't know why, but I love *new* guitars that have that classic, antique look to them. I don't mean the cheesey "relick'ed" crap, but things that look like they were taken out back on two logs and carved out by hand. If a guitar matches my coffee table, it's a winner. :)

Reaction score
Here she is in HD baby! :shred:

If anyone can tell me how to edit my original post to include these that'd be great- also would love to imbed the pics but I think that requires hosting on another server somewhere? :scratch:

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 31
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • pups.jpg
    pups.jpg
    962.7 KB · Views: 35

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
Yea dude, go make an account at photobucket. That's what I did when I got my DC800 so I could slather them all over the net!

Yea she looks really good; I like the neck - it's the opposite of mine: walnut with 2 maple stripes :)

Post some sound samples!

Ganjatron

Reaction score
I know what you mean about not feeling like an 8, at least compared to the Ibbys I've tried. Guy at Sam Ash was saying how the neck is much narrower and I think I agree, very comfortable.

After about 2 hours of playing last night I don't think Ill be able to give her back to Carvin and wait 2 more months for the same exact guitar with a different top, I really wanted the more figured/book-matched top but man, its like getting laid then being told you gotta wait 2 months to get it again, no freakin' way!

No option of alternative pups as far as I know, I can already see why people are quick to pop in new pups, now I got to decide on what to do about that... I'm thinking either BKP or Lace, possibly those new SD's people have been waiting for... Also need an AxeFX.... ugh...so...much...money

I understand VST's can be downloaded around the net along with a host program, so the only cost is a quality interface which are ~$300 - any comments?
I actually just got Amplitube 3.0 plugged into our Logic setups gonna test her out with the interface today. Prelim tests were promising tho reamping some pre-recorded clean tone riffs. 5150s check, triple rects check, jcm900s check, even a warhead is a check, branded orange/fender amps check, all complete with their matching (but easily swappable) cabs and mic placements. Like 50..or more emulated/branded stompboxes plus a whole rack effect section at the end of the chain. It looks like gear heaven. Ill let you know how it goes and send you a track if all goes well.
Amplitube-5150-2-1.jpg

Amplitube-Cabs-and-Mics-1-3-1.jpg

Amplitube-Stompboxes-2-1-2.jpg

Amplitube-Racks-1-4-1.jpg

Reaction score
You know wut? That thing is so gorgeous, if I ever order a custom with a figured top, I'mma specify *NOT* bookmatched. :metal:

Latest posts

')