NGD: Carvin GP7X Purple Caliburst #3/50!

• Thread starter Jonathan20022
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
That is gorgeous from top to bottom.

Love the color and that fretboard is just....oh yeah.:cool:

I need some purpley goodness.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Impressive top. The guitar turned out amazing.

I'm intrigued by the fretboard finish. Would it wear off over time, or will it be OK? (I don't know enough about woodworking and staining, that's why I ask.) In any case, I guess that with jumbo frets it wouldn't matter if it does (or not).

It's apparently not supposed to, but I'll be a terrible test of that since it's very rare that I'll be wearing my instruments out. It's supposed to be deeper and sealed in a way to prevent it from just rubbing off. And I haven't had any black stain on my fingers in the last few days so it's all good so far! :D

And the top was a huge surprise, a friend of mine who order one just like me but with their darker maple (roasted) stain got a fat flame that was bookmatched beautifully. I certainly didn't expect it but it's a welcome surprise.

congrats!

love the fret board...

Thanks man! Likewise! We had 3 black options (Light Black, Black, Double Black) and I went with Double Black haha.

My address is in your inbox...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET looking axe! Really liking that colour combination.

Hahaha, not going to happen but it's always good to keep a positive attitude :p

Man, that Jeff should've been a doctor with that signature!

I am loving the hell out of the way this one looks. The driftwood look is always very handsome on swamp ash. And I really want a fretboard like that too!

Jeff is seriously one of the coolest guys, and at the same time incredibly professional. Couldn't have been happier with the entire experience. And yeah the Antique finish is absolutely something I never would have thought of but love that it was included.

Smooth! Looking great! HNGD!

Thanks dude!

Gorgeous guitar, the fretboard, top, back..all perfect!

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

Best top ever? I think so.

Hahaha, I'm very happy with it :)

This is so good, Jon. Unbelievable!

Thanks Matt! It was such a pleasant surprise seeing this on the Carvin page and wondering if it was the one I ordered haha.

That is gorgeous from top to bottom.

Love the color and that fretboard is just....oh yeah.:cool:

I need some purpley goodness.

Thanks a ton man! Definitely place an order for one if you want they're super cool to work with!

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a real looker. Congrats.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Damn, dude! That finish is gorgeous. Congrats on the new guitar, and I hope these finishes will be available reaaaally soon!

Pat_tct

Reaction score
holy fvcking shit. that fretboard man.... i can't ... i....i'm going to cry now because i can't have this guitar.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
You have fantastic taste, sir. Congratulations, happy NGD! :)

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I kept forgetting to reply to this thread! Sorry guys!

First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR! :hbang:

Happy NGD, that neck thru and burst top is excellent!

Thanks dude! Their work is seamless, super stoked on this guitar.

Congrats Jonathan, this is epic!!

Dude thank you! I love it :D

That's a real looker. Congrats.

Thanks man! :D

Nice Guitar!man,i want a custom carvin now!!!!!!

I suggest waiting until NAMM, but can't go wrong :cool:

That is beautiful! Bloody hell! Congrats!

Thanks dude :)

Damn, dude! That finish is gorgeous. Congrats on the new guitar, and I hope these finishes will be available reaaaally soon!

They are available! I think? Haha, I think we were just the first order of guitars to get this finish but you can probably call in and order one in any color you want!

holy fvcking shit. that fretboard man.... i can't ... i....i'm going to cry now because i can't have this guitar.

I REGRET NOTHING

Going in and choosing the deepest, darkest black was a no brainer for me haha. A lot of people think it's ebony but it's just a really awesome stain job.

Insane. Holy f'in shit man. Those Cali bursts are phenomenal.

They are! I can't wait to see what people order with these in the future!

HNGD!!!
gorgeous top and back!!!

Thanks Duvell :D your name is making me impatient for my Elite 7 hahaha

You have fantastic taste, sir. Congratulations, happy NGD! :)

Thanks dude :D

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry for the necro :ugh: but I figured you guys would appreciate this. I filmed a short demo for a small contest Carvin held for the people who got a guitar from this run to make a tone demo of their new pickups. My friends Aaron and Brian both won, so I figured I would share my entry if anyone's curious as to what these sound like.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Haha I didn't end up winning, their entries were far better than what I put together. It was a contest for us to get another set of Kiesel pickups of our choosing, so 6/7/8 string versions.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
You call this a GP7X. this just looks like a DC7 to me.....:scratch:

It's a DC7X, it was nicknamed GP7X because of the run I joined in on. A lot of people refer to the 50 from this run as the GP7X, including Jeff and the guys at Carvin.

Latest posts

')