NGD Chameleon Ibby

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
That is awesome. HNGD! I've got the 2127FX-ISH and this one looks really nice too.
Now you just have to get a decent pair of pickups that will do this awesome guitar real justice.:hbang:

Yeah I have a set of BKP Blackhawks(ceramic bridge) for it :hbang: Just have to get them to fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
This is the issue I'm having now
5rbkR

5rblr

Gonna have to take it to a tech. :wallbash:

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
I just got mine on Friday. I was wondering why you are changing the pickups? I was going to put alumitone 7s in mine, but I'm not sure if I want to change it because the stock pickups sound really good to me. Lots of treble and no mud. Just curious what you don't like about them?

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
I just got mine on Friday. I was wondering why you are changing the pickups? I was going to put alumitone 7s in mine, but I'm not sure if I want to change it because the stock pickups sound really good to me. Lots of treble and no mud. Just curious what you don't like about them?

Personal preference I guess? I like the stocks on mine yes, but am thinking of swapping them out in the near future.

OT : HNGD Mate! Man that's sexy. I'd love to grab one someday. :cheers:

And yes, Ibanez builds these Prestiges with VERY tight pickup routes. Swapping them out are a pain in the ass. Only bad thing I can say about them though, and they can be dealt with by a tech / or by yourself if you're confident enough.

Detested

Reaction score
Nice guitar dude,always wanted one of those rgds.Congrats and good luck with those pups.

enghell

Funeral Doom
Reaction score
Yeah I have a set of BKP Blackhawks(ceramic bridge) for it :hbang: Just have to get them to fit.

Awesome, man. I put a pair of calibrated BKP ceramic Warpigs in mine and IMHO it's the perfect match for the RGD2127FX (depending on personal taste and style of music you're playing of course).

I've never tried Blackhawks, but I'm sure you'll be pleased with the outcome even if you have to take it to a tech. I had to cut and file all the corners on my Wapigs to get them to fit, but it worked. I'm pretty sure the Blackhawks will be way better than the stock pups. Even if they're not terrible, they're nowhere even close to the awesomeness that is BKP. :hbang:

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
that looks freaking awesome,

Painfully resembles Petrucci's musicman and I have a feeling this would've been the guitar he wanted if he stayed with Ibanez.

ghost2II2

Reaction score
I've been waiting to actually see one of these since I decided that I would be getting one myself the moment I saw them. That looks ....ing awesome!

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
I've been waiting to actually see one of these since I decided that I would be getting one myself the moment I saw them. That looks ....ing awesome!

Yeah, I've always had a thing for chameleon finishes and RGDs, so when I saw they put those two things together I jumped on it as fast as I could. So worth :D

Eclipse

Reaction score
That is seriously one of my favorite guitars ever. Happy NGD dude because I am happy for you!

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
So I've decided I'm not going to cut up this guitar for BKPs.
D-Activator/Liquifire or CrunchLab/Liquifire?

FollowTheSigns

Reaction score
I'm currently using D'Activator/Liquifire and love it. Different guitar though, and I don't have enough experience with the CL to accurately compare to D'Act. Either way you should be fine :shred:

Also I'm VERY interested in this guitar and would love to see some more pics!

')