NGD: Chapman Ghost Fret

• Thread starter ExtremophileElite
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
Did chapman finally respond?
No, they have not. I just sent another email to Hipshot to see if Chapman has responded to them. I guess I might send Chapman another email.

EDIT: Hipshot responded already (Clearly they understand customer service):

"Nothing at all. They use some of our products, however the orders are placed by the overseas manufacturer. "

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
No, they have not. I just sent another email to Hipshot to see if Chapman has responded to them. I guess I might send Chapman another email.

EDIT: Hipshot responded already (Clearly they understand customer service):

"Nothing at all. They use some of our products, however the orders are placed by the overseas manufacturer. "

Do you know if the GF bridge has the same route as a Hipshot? Could you do a swap? They're running around $50 on Musicians Friend right now. I understand the principle, but it may be an option just to swap them out right? :scratch:

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
Do you know if the GF bridge has the same route as a Hipshot? Could you do a swap? They're running around $50 on Musicians Friend right now. I understand the principle, but it may be an option just to swap them out right? :scratch:
Unfortunately, I do not know if they would swap out cleanly. It's definitely crossed my mind to swap them out, but want to hear from Chapman Guitars before I make any modifications to the guitar.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score

Not a chance. :(

ZERO1

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to contact chapman quicker? I think if they post a video soon I will post the link to this thread in the comments. And hopefully he reads it since he does respond to comments sometimes.

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to contact chapman quicker? I think if they post a video soon I will post the link to this thread in the comments. And hopefully he reads it since he does respond to comments sometimes.
On the official Rob Chapman forum I found a person who said he has regular contact with Rob Chapman. They made a somewhat impromptu 'Customer Service Department' after some faulty ML-1's made it out into the market in 2010.

Chapman Guitars Customer Services | Rob Chapman Forum

I looked at his profile and it said the last time he logged in was nearly 3 month ago. I made a username and everything but never messaged him. Figured it would go unanswered.

manu80

Reaction score
maybe it's like the jackson JS327Q bridge, pure rip off of the hipshot and the real one fits like a glove...

austink

Reaction score
Have reached out to riff city yet? They are the ones who sold you the guitar and are way more capable of doing something about it. If you are going for validation from chapman saying that they are falsely advertising (something we already know) that is one thing, but hitting up the dealer can actually see you get a partial refund.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
But from what I can tell, Hipshot doesn't make a black hardtail bridge. Or at least I could not find one on their site.

???
41105B.jpg

I think it's lame that Chapman's hasn't gotten back to you, but what is your desired outcome? A new Hipshot bridge is $60. Would you be trying to get that amount comped, seeing if a Hipshot is retrofit?

ZERO1

Reaction score
???
41105B.jpg

I think it's lame that Chapman's hasn't gotten back to you, but what is your desired outcome? A new Hipshot bridge is $60. Would you be trying to get that amount comped, seeing if a Hipshot is retrofit?

That is a good question. the desired outcome. I think he would like to compensated for the bridge. But chapman guitars should make things right. Clearly it is false advertising. So all future ghostfrets should come with the right bridge or the price shoulder be lowered. I know that probably won't happen but it's hopeful thinking.

cip 123

Reaction score
Maybe Email Andertons and ask them. It is also stated on Andertons site the Ghost Fret has a Hipshot bridge.

Lee Anderton is part owner of Chapman guitars as well. Doubt you'll get Lee himself but may get an answer.

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
I guess I got confused. One bridge on their site is described as a 'Hardtail Guitar Bridge' and the ones pictured above are called a '6 String Fixed.'

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
As for the desired outcome....I really don't know. It would be awesome if I got a Hipshot on there free of charge. I mean, its supposed to have one. I really just want to hear from Chapman Guitars.

austink

Reaction score
As for the desired outcome....I really don't know. It would be awesome if I got a Hipshot on there free of charge. I mean, its supposed to have one. I really just want to hear from Chapman Guitars.

If that is your desired outcome, you need to be talking to the dealer. Anytime I have had issues with any products, contacting corporate does nothing. The dealer is the link between the customer and the company and they are the ones that took your money. Riff city bought those guitars at some low price then sold it to you advertising it as a hipshot bridge. If they were ignorant to it not being a hipshot that is their issue as they are the ones selling it as such.

It would be different if it was purchased direct, but at this point trying to get it resolved via chapman is an exercise is frustration. If it is an altruistic endeavor to get chapman to change their website that is cool but that won't get you a new bridge.

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
If that is your desired outcome, you need to be talking to the dealer. Anytime I have had issues with any products, contacting corporate does nothing. The dealer is the link between the customer and the company and they are the ones that took your money. Riff city bought those guitars at some low price then sold it to you advertising it as a hipshot bridge. If they were ignorant to it not being a hipshot that is their issue as they are the ones selling it as such.

It would be different if it was purchased direct, but at this point trying to get it resolved via chapman is an exercise is frustration. If it is an altruistic endeavor to get chapman to change their website that is cool but that won't get you a new bridge.
I took your advice and called the dealer. They took my information and are going to do some research. He made it a point to tell me that he was actually going to work on this and not just brush it under the rug, which I appreciate. He also mentioned the same thing that someone else mentioned earlier, in that Hipshot/Chapman might have made a deal to put these bridges in the Ghost Fret. That was all speculation of course, but it makes sense.

ZERO1

Reaction score
I took your advice and called the dealer. They took my information and are going to do some research. He made it a point to tell me that he was actually going to work on this and not just brush it under the rug, which I appreciate. He also mentioned the same thing that someone else mentioned earlier, in that Hipshot/Chapman might have made a deal to put these bridges in the Ghost Fret. That was all speculation of course, but it makes sense.

let us know how that goes. I am really eager to hear from chapman though.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Maybe you got one of the first ones/prototypes before they started switching the hardware over to hipshot? Given the fact that you have the duncans in it as opposed to the passive aggressive pups (that's seriously the best name ever for a pickup) kinda makes it seem like that's what happened. Other than that, if its comfortable, who cares?

ExtremophileElite

17 Guitars&Counting
Reaction score
Maybe you got one of the first ones/prototypes before they started switching the hardware over to hipshot? Given the fact that you have the duncans in it as opposed to the passive aggressive pups (that's seriously the best name ever for a pickup) kinda makes it seem like that's what happened. Other than that, if its comfortable, who cares?
That is a pretty cool name for a pickup, I can't deny that. The Guitar in all other pictures and interviews shows the same bridge that is on my Ghost Fret but it is described as a Hipshot.

What matters is that Chapman has advertised a name brand piece of equipment, but failed to deliver it. Lets me ask you this: If you went on Musician's Friend and ordered a Hipshot bridge but they sent you a no-name bridge, what would you do?

Money was paid for an advertised product, the product was not as advertised.

Latest posts

')