NGD: Cheap 7-string love <3 (Jay Turser)

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I COULD talk. . . . . Or I could post pics!!!!!

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

The trio of death.
DSC01151.jpg

A loving, brutal family :)
DSC01152.jpg

Now, it's a Jay Turser JT650FR7BK. I'm pretty sure it's a LITTLE rare (since I emailed The guys at Jay Turser to find out what the body wood was and even they didn't know it existed :nuts:) but that doesn't mean it's worth a lot hahaha.

Now I know it's not a BRJ or a Daemoness or anything but I felt it was worth sharing :).

Thanks guys, enjoy the pics!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
OH! And mods are planned. Sculpt the horn and get a black OFR set and find some black tuners. Not sure what pickups yet.

ibanezcollector

Gear Junkie
Reaction score
I have the same 7 minus the floyd I have the stop tail version and its my favorite 7 string I have ever had love it, feels great. plays like a champ no issues for me.

Nice guitbox

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Thanks man! I've seen your Jay Turser before. Really different with those inlays. What pickups does it have again, Blazes? I was considering a slightly darker pickup for the Alder body. Maybe a Blaze Custom and Blaze neck?

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I've seen a ton of these on GC lately, and seeing as I currently don't have a seven, I've been curious.

How does it play? Is the bolt-on in the way, or is it decent?

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Thanks dude!

I've seen a ton of these on GC lately, and seeing as I currently don't have a seven, I've been curious.

How does it play? Is the bolt-on in the way, or is it decent?

And it plays AWESOME. And the heel is not only sculpted but it angles upwards to the neck to it's really comfy. Not quite out of the way but far from being IN the way.

The neck is fairly thin. Maybe like a Jackson. It's very comfy with fairly broad shoulders. Needed a shim like no ones business though. It was almost unplayable until I did that. But a few hours later and she's working GREAT! Makes for an awesome backup guitar to my RG7620.

I can't really comment on the Floyd Special's tuning stability since I blocked it within ten minutes of bringing it home but I'd imagine it's decent (like most other floyd specials). I'll be upgrading to a Black OFR set in the future.

Oh, but the fret ends are SHARP! It feels like the frets weren't even filed down. I started bleeding after about two hours of abuse :lol:.

Lets see. . . uuuuuhhhhhhh the nut is crap. Though I think this was just the factory's fault when putting mine together. The issue was a bit my fault too. I'm using a .46 for my E and a .70 for the low B (tuned to A). The pad was too thick and the screw was too short which meant that it couldn't lock. It would just strip the screw. That was rectified when I took a screw off of my RG7620 (one from the middle pad) and switched the Low B/E pad with the HIGH B/E pad. Now it locks up nice and tight with no issues.

Finish is beyond cheap. I put a few chips in it (visible on the body pics) on the edge of the neck pocket simply from taking the neck off. Never twisted of smalled it or anything. It just chipped off from the pressure.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Thanks! I plan on starting in a couple days. I want to take it to practice first and see what's really needed to be done before I take it apart and mod. And I want to get the chance to show her off :p

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Little update.

Holds up AWESOME through heavy abuse at practice. Been in tune for two fucking days now. ON NEW STRINGS!

till needs some truss rod tweaking but overall, it's a GREAT budget 7 string. Can't wait to mod it even harder!

ibanezcollector

Gear Junkie
Reaction score
Little update.

Holds up AWESOME through heavy abuse at practice. Been in tune for two fucking days now. ON NEW STRINGS!

till needs some truss rod tweaking but overall, it's a GREAT budget 7 string. Can't wait to mod it even harder!

see im not the only crazy one hahaha :):shred:

7stringDemon

Reaction score
They're SERIOUSLY awesome! I kinda want to go down to their HQ here in Illinois and try out some more of their stuff. Most of it doesn't seem to be to my taste but you never know what you'll bond with.

This is a perfect example of that!

')